In this busy world, a lot of people are becoming health conscious. Infect, 2020 will deeply impact mental health. Yoga is the only alternative that will inspire you to live a healthy positive life. Yoga is an activity that helps to connect with your spirit. For being more focused you can pursue a career in Yoga. In the primary stage, you can learn about physical exercise and regular relaxation practice.
How to overcome mental stress and fear? Apart from a yoga instructor nobody gives you the exact solution. Yoga courses also help to maintain the body fit and stability for the long term. Along with this, you will learn how to transform your daily lifestyle through performing different exercises, focusing on tricks, and meditation and relaxation habits.
Pursing a yoga course will prove beneficial for your future and career too. A yoga instructor can be a safe and secure option. After completing the course candidates looks forward to various jobs like aerobics instructors, gym trainer, and specialized fitness trainer. In the upcoming years, there is a lot of scope for yoga trainers.
Yoga Course Benefits
A yoga career can be a great option for those people who have to run their own business. A yoga instructor can be the owner of a yoga class or work in schools as a teacher. Yoga specialist also can be a consultant and academics athlete.
Eligibility criteria For Undergraduates
The candidates must have to fulfill under mentioned criteria
- Aspirants much have to complete class 12th in any stream from a recognized board and must have secured 40 to 50% marks.
- Candidates seeking admission to top universities must have to qualify for their entrance examination. Before the admission procedure candidates must have to hold the position on the cut-off list.
- So many universities do not conduct their entrance exams. The admission is giving based on the mark sheet or a merit basis.
Once you fulfill all these requirements, you are ready to choose any course which is related to yoga.
Eligibility criteria for postgraduate yoga courses
As you are an undergraduate and want to enlarge your knowledge, then the requirement varies. The minimum requirements for postgraduate courses are as follow –
- The candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution and must have secured 50% marks.
- The candidates who have to pursue a course in Masters of Arts in yoga or Master of Science in yoga must have to qualify for a Yoga therapy course in Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science.
- The candidates must have to clear the state level and national entrance exams which are annually held.
- After clear the entrance examination the candidates must have to appear for a personal interview. It is a mandatory provision in some private universities.
Subject and Syllabus
Almost every yoga course taught theory and practical knowledge. Students are learning the fundamentals principles of yoga and practical training. In practical learning, candidates can learn, how yoga poses and yoga therapy is beneficial for everyone. The course also discusses interesting facts, psychology facts, and benefits.
Most of the universities followed the under mentioned syllabus-
- Anatomy of the human body
- Foundation of Naturopathy
- Foundation of Philosophy of Yoga Science and Patanjali Yoga Rules
- Yoga and Mental health
- Theory and Practical training
- Teaching methods for Yoga practices
- Social behavior
- Cultural Synthesis
- Yoga and Value Education
Here are some common subjects in yoga therapy and yoga science are following-
- therapeutic Yoga Practice
- Scientific Study of Yoga and Consciousness
- Advanced Techniques
- Message of Upanishad
- Theoretical Perspectives in Yoga
- Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Practical Application of Yoga
- Philosophy of Yoga Studies
- Basics of Yoga
- Basics Physiological Processes
- Postures- Kriyas, pranayama
- Destiny and self-efforts
- Teaching practice
Fees for different colleges
Below mentioned some top colleges and universities in India which provides almost 1 or 2-year yoga course-
- University of Technology, Jaipur – 20,000
- Uttarakhand Open University, Uttarakhand – 22,000
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak – 30,000
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar – 60,000
- Patna University, Patna – 9,000
- Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi – 22,000
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra – 25,000
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune- 25,000
- Vishwas Bharti University, West Bengal- 30,000
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, Mumbai – NA
- National Institute of Health Science and Research, New Delhi – NA
- Gordhandas Seksaria College of Yoga and Cultural Synthesis, Maharashtra- 44,000
- MJP Rohilkhand University, UP – NA
- Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Maharashtra – 12,100
- National College of Health Sciences (NHS), Punjab – 16,600
- Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, MP – 7,000
- Himachal Pradesh University, Himachal Pradesh – 7,500
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Madhya Pradesh- 24,000
A career in Yoga
Candidates who are looking forward to learning about mental health and physical health can be pursuing a career in it. This can be the option of people who are sportspersons or runners. Yoga has several benefits.
To become a professional athletic people first learn about the techniques. If you have strong willpower to compete with your opponents then it is the right option. In this field, there is an absolute scope of instructing awareness regarding mental and physical health. Candidates also can secure their place in schools, clubs, and gyms or as fitness trainers. Some classes hired an instructor based on the training period or an hourly.
You can enjoy this work even the work remains less or the same. If you are interested to do work as a sport’s complex person or as a gymnastic trainer that you can join it too. Not even in India, many other countries require a yoga trainer. According to the health ministry, the candidates who have to pursue their future in Arts and Science degree in Yoga acknowledged a high level of education. Candidates also become therapists, Publication Officer, Programmer Director Etc.
Various sectors provide full-time or part-time job opportunities to certified Yoga teachers. Some of them are-
Yoga Research Centers, Corporate officers, Private Yoga Classes, Nonprofit Organizations, Health Clubs, Gym, Consultation, Government Schools, Religious Institutes, Community and Recreation Centers, and many more.
Other top requirements- yoga certification board, Aum Yoga Shala, Indian federation of Yoga, Pradipika institute of yoga and therapy, Yoga alliance, Ministry of Ayush, Bodhi Wellness Pvt ltd., Gold’s Gym.
Job Opportunities and Salary Packages – 1.5 lakh to 4 lakh per annum
After completing the yoga course the aspirants choose the reputed jobs. In the addition, yoga instructors must have a clear knowledge of techniques. Here are mentioned some top job Opportunities with their salary packages-
Yoga Instructor- 2 lakh to 5 lakh per annum
A wide range of posture and position can be taught by a Yoga instructor. Some so many people have health issues. A yoga teacher can teach different breathing techniques. you can also specialize in teaching a particular group of age or a particular group of persons like- adults, pregnant women, school students, and many more.
Yoga Advisor- 2.5 lakh to 8 lakh per annum
A yoga advisor suggests to people about the different health classes, injuries. A yoga advisor helps people in how to figure out the best yoga training center. People are concerned about the basic question to the yoga advisor.
Yoga Therapist- 3 lakh to 6 lakh per annum
A Yoga therapist must have to deal with those people who are suffering from depression, stress, and anxiety. A yoga therapist is responsible for people who have different problems like back pain, asthma, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Yoga Specialist- 4 lakh to 9 lakh per annum
In this field, you are working as a professional yoga guide and you will be teaching instructors also. This is a great job if you want to dedicate yourself to a better understanding of yoga. This is one of the highest-paying jobs.
Yoga Consultant- 3.5 lakh to 8 lakh per annum
In case someone is dealing with back pain, or muscle pain issue, it is better to consult professionals. Well, Yoga consultants are those who help people what kind of yoga exercise is perfect for your body posture and health. They will be considering a range of aspects to give you the perfect guidance.
Yoga Aerobics Instructor – 3 lakhs to 8 lakh per annum
Aerobics are high in demand, and most people are learning them for better flexibility of the body. So, if you choose Yoga Aerobics instructor as your career, the scope is pretty wide. Most of the gyms and aerobic centers are looking for well-trained professionals, and you will fit perfectly.
A large number of people are realizing the health benefits. Day by day people has started to adopt healthy habits. Today’s generation appreciates this field. Health educator incomes can even more heir than expectations. Yoga’s scope is increasing day by day not even in the young generation also in the old generation. This course will give you a fresh kick start to being a successful health instructor. Many government policies and provisions will also support the yoga institutions for their physical education and mental health. There is a bright future in this field.