Teachers are always a great inspiration for the students. They are the ones who create the future of society. The importance of teachers will never decrease on the earth. It would help if you never forget the contribution of a teacher. It would help if you realized that teachers are those persons who sacrificed their lives to build the future generation. Whatever we are in the present time is all because of tour teachers. We also felt the existence of teachers during ancient time. The profession of a teacher is a decent one. It is a profession that carries immense prestige and honor.
If you are thinking to do something for society, choosing a teacher’s profession will be the best one. You can help millions of people in the world. You can also spread the light of education among society. Light of education is the primary thing that can protect society from all evils and superstitions. If you become a teacher, you can help build a beautiful community that will be free from oppression, violence, and superstition. The profession of a teacher is excellent and good. Your focus should be on making a better society.
Educational qualification of a PGT teacher in India:
The profession of a teacher is divided into several categories. One is the primary school teacher, and the other one is a Government school teacher. You can choose the suitable one. However, to become a PGT teacher of any educational institution, you must have specific academic qualifications. Here are some of them.
- You have to complete your 10+2 from a recognized board with a minimum mark of 60%. If you fail in one of the subjects, you cannot appear for the exam related to PGT teacher recruitment.
- After completion of this level, you have to be honors graduate with minimum mark of 55%.
- You have to pursue a post-graduation degree from a reputed university. You have to score a minimum of 50% in the aggregate.
- You must have a sound educational background to get this job. However, a good knowledge of computers will be an added advantage for you. You can get a lot of scopes.
Skills required for becoming PGT teachers in India:
In addition to this, you must have some additional skills and qualities. These skills can help in becoming a successful PGT teacher.
- You must have good communication skills. It is okay if you can speak English well. It will help in better interaction with the students.
- You should always have a positive approach for the students. You have to deal with various categories of students. They may have various sets of mentality.
- You should always have excellent interpersonal skills.
- It would help if you always were a good listener. Try to listen to the problems and issues of the students.
- It would help if you always had a helping attitude towards the students. It is required in the educational industry.
Also Read: 10 Best Courses For Teachers In India
Steps to become a PGT teacher:
You have to follow a series of steps to become a PGT teacher. In the following lines, you will learn about it.
- You have to belong and acquire an excellent educational degree to become a PGT teacher. You have to complete your graduation with an honors degree. This is mandatory.
- If you want to achieve something good, you have to complete your post-graduation in the same subject. This will open new options and avenues before you.
- If you are looking for a promising future and job prospects, you should try to complete your B.Ed from a recognized place. It is the entry point to the job of a school teacher.
- Many times, you can also opt for an M.Phil and similar other types of degrees. If you try to complete your P.hd, it will bring broad scopes.
- Side by side, you should keep a constant watch on the recruitment process of the PGT teachers. Most educational institutions continually look for experienced and talented PGT teachers for the students.
- To become a PGT teacher you have to appear before the test that the Higher Secondary Boards conduct. Once you qualify for the test, you will be prepared for the post.
Benefits of a PGT teacher:
If you become a PGT teacher, you will be entitled to get a lot of benefits. The primary thing is that you will get a secured job for your lifetime. It is great security. Here is some of the primary protection that you can get as a PGT teacher.
- You will get a house accommodation in the place where you will stay. The rent of the accommodation will depend upon the city in which you are teaching. It hangs from city to city.
- You will get a better medical facility along with health insurance both for you and your family. It is another fantastic benefit that you can get.
- You can get relaxation from your kid’s school fees. It can essentially help you for the education of the children’s.
- You are also entitled to get other perks that are available for this post. As a PGT teacher, you will also get a good dearness allowance, travel allowance, and similar other allowances.
In short, a PGT teacher is entitled to get a lot of benefits and advantages. It can make your life secured and safe.
What is the type of work that a PGT teacher has to do?
If you get a scope to serve as a PGT teacher, you must know about the pattern work. However, a PGT teacher has to do a category of work. Here is the list of some of them.
- You have to deliver lectures, discussions and show demonstrations to the students on the specific subject.
- You have to assign and check the homework to the students and check the same.
- You will be entrusted with evaluating test papers and the answers of the students from time to time.
- You have to prepare the students for examinations. It is the primary duty of the PGT teacher.
- You have to administer procedures for maintaining order among the students.
- You have to maintain the records of the students from day to day. It is another duty that you must do.
- Sometimes, you may have to meet the student’s parents and discuss with them the progress of their kids. It is a vital part of the work.
- You have to take an active part in departmental meetings and various school training events.
- You have to organize extra-curricular activities for the students. You may have to manage sports for the students. This is a part of your work.
Salary of a PGT teacher:
You must know that the salary of a PGT teacher is decent and good. Above all, you will be entitled to get pension, after retirement. If you get a teaching job in any Government institution, life will be much secured and better. After the 7th pay commission, you can get a salary up to INR 47,500. This may increase as per your experience and work. If you become a senior and experienced teacher, you will get a better pay. In addition to this, you will get some additional perks and amounts.
A complete overview of PGT teachers in India:
The job of a teacher will never lose its importance or value. It is always a precious profession through which you can get the attention and honor of ordinary people. If you wish to become a PGT teacher, you should start the preparation right from the school level. It is clear that to get the job of a PGT teacher, you must be qualified. You must have a sound educational background that can fetch you this job. If you do not have the primary education, you cannot handle and teach the higher standard students.
A PGT teacher means that you have to teach the subjects in depth. You have to prepare the students for the board exam that is vital in their life. There is no end to education. The more education you will achieve, the more you will spread among the students and make a solid educational base. The role of a PGT teacher is crucial in society.
Top PGT teachers training institutes in India:
Here you will come to know about the top PGT training institutes in India. These institutes have experienced teachers and faculties who are well-trained in specific subjects. Let us get the list.
- Race Coaching Institute Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore
- Brain Storm Achievers, New Delhi
- Unique Shiksha, Gurgaon
- Shri Krishna IAS Institute Gurgaon
- Vani Institute, Bangalore
- Achievers Academy, Hyderabad
The role or function of a teacher is always essential in society. Whether you are a PGT teacher or a TGT teacher, you have the responsibility to deal with students and make them perfect citizens of the country. Getting a good job is not the main thing but you should always focus in making a good human being. A teacher must always be the first guru of your life. He is a mentor and a true well-wisher. Thus, the profession of a teacher is full of challenges. The challenge is to build a better and healthy society by providing quality education to the students. It is education and literacy that can fight back every evils and wrong from society forever.
Rahul Kumar is a passionate educator, writer, and subject matter expert in the field of education and professional development. As an author on CoursesXpert, Rahul Kumar’s articles cover a wide range of topics, from various courses, educational and career guidance.