B.Tech or Bachelor of Technology is one the most sought career option after completing 12th in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics). This UG-level degree course is specially designed for those students who are willing to become engineering whether it is a civil engineer or mechanical engineer. These days engineering field offers various specializations and career options to their aspirants. However, various private and public institutes offer engineering degree programs to aspiring candidates.
The national level entrance exam for B.Tech admissions is JEE Main and JEE Advanced, conducted every year in a specific month. Apart from the national entrance examinations, students will also appear for state and private level entrance examinations for B.Tech admissions. But before pursuing engineering as a career option, candidates must familiarize themselves with their specialization and other aspects. If you are looking for pursing B.Tech but do not know about their specializations then you have come to the right place. In this article, we have listed B.Tech courses and B.Tech specializations which you may think to pursue:
What are the Top B.Tech Courses in India?
In India, there are a total of eight B. Tech courses are available in Indian institutes. Let’s have a look:
- Civil Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
What are the B.Tech Specializations available in Indian Institutes?
A B.Tech is offered across various specializations in India. Here is a complete list of prominent specializations that you consider studying as per your preference and interest:
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering ( Specialization: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering is a professional degree course that highlights studying computer programming languages, computer hardware, design, and analysis of algorithms. This course is also related to electrical & electronics engineering, linguistics, and applied sciences.
Through this specializations course students are taught to smart machines with Data Science technologies and Artificial Intelligence like Data Science and Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Big Data Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Deep Learning, Robotics, Reinforce Learning, Genetic Algorithms, Fuzzy Logic and Systems, Natural Language Processing and among others.
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics ( association with IBM)
The growing field of Computer science has come out with innovative ideas and advanced technology. Cyber Security and Digital Forensics specializations will offer an appealing learning experience with developing real-world applications.
The program provides an in-depth study of how to protect your data from cyber-attacks with mitigation and risk management. The specialization course offers elective courses in Digital Forensics and Cyber Security and core courses in Computer Science and Engineering which are designed by IBM.
- B.Tech CSE with specialization in Cloud Computing ( in association with Microsoft)
The course offers the skill sets and right tools to their aspirants for preparing for the evolving new technologies and business ecosystems. Students are trained through Microsoft leaders and experts for vast exposure to cloud computing. The main purpose of this specialization course is to train the students with the upcoming generation of technologies to like to develop Cloud-Native Application on Data Migration and work on emerging technologies like IoT, Dev Ops on Azure & AWS Platform, Big Data Hadoop, ML, Microsoft Azure Solution Architect.
- B.Tech CSE in Gaming Technology ( association with IBM)
The B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Gaming Technology is a highly competitive course and specially designed for those who want to build a career as a gaming professional. This specialized program involves course aspects of Advanced Computer Graphics, Image Processing, Computer Animation, GPU Programming, Game Programming, UI/UX, Virtual Reality/ Augmented Technologies.
- Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Mechatronics
Mechanical Engineering with Mechatronics specialization deals with aspects related to mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, computer engineering, telecommunications, control engineering, and system engineering. The course mainly highlights various parts of mechatronics such as real-time interfacing, controllers, sensors, modeling, actuators, etc.
- B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering in IoT and AI ( in association with Intel)
B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in IoT & AI offer a golden opportunity to their aspirants to learn the vision to the upgrade technologies namely Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence. Through this course, candidates will know about the Intel Hardware and Software stages that are used in IoT and AI fields.
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in Smart Manufacturing and Automation
Candidates will learn about heating ventilation & Air Conditioning, Solar Energy &its application, Engines & Turbines, Automobile Parts, Manufacturing with Industrial Automation, Computational Fluid Dynamics Designing, and Thermal, etc through this specialization course.
- B.Tech CSE in Artificial Engineering & Machine Learning ( association with Xebia)
This specialization degree course is formed with determination to prepare the engineering aspirants for cutting-edge technologies. Students are going to learn about Machine Learning, Mathematical Foundations, Statistical Foundations, Applied Artificial Intelligence, and Neural Networks. The entire curriculum and E-Course Material is designed by Xebia Experts.
- B.Tech CSE with specialization in Cyber Security ( association with Quick Heal)
The main purpose of the course is to address the industry’s developing demand for skilled security professionals in the private and public sectors. The course is designed by quick heal experts keeping in mind industrial requirements. It also highlights studying adversaries, the dark web, tactics, and TTP. It develops a strong foundation towards knowing various aspects of Cyber Threat Intelligence.
- B.Tech CSE with specialization in Cloud, DevOps, and Automation ( association with Xebia)
The course curriculum is designed with a specific purpose to educate the engineering aspirant on advanced technologies. Apart from HTML5 knowledge, Estimation Techniques, Test Automation, Cloud Computing, and Agile Practices are also taught to aspirants.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
Students should fulfill given below eligibility requirement for admission to any B.Tech course:
- One who has passed their 12th from a recognized board with PCM (Physic, Chemistry, and Mathematics) as the main subject will enroll in B.Tech program.
- Students must obtain at least 60% of marks in their qualifying examination.
- Admission for B.Tech is based on the entrance exams. Students must have secured their seats in the top 100 top students.
Please note that the minimum aggregate and eligibility requirement would vary from university to university or college to college.
List of Entrance Exam for admission to B.Tech
As, B.Tech comes under technical course list, overlooked or regulated by the National Board of Accreditation and All India Council for Technical Education. Admission to B.Tech course is based on national level or state level or institute level engineering entrance examinations. Let’s take a look:
- JEE Main – It is a national level entrance exam, conducted by National Testing Agency for B.Tech admission into GFTIs, NITs, IIITs.
- JEE Advanced – Once you clear JEE Main, you have reached the next stage called JEE Advanced. The exam offer admission into IITs across the country.
- MHT CET –MHT CET offers admission to aspirants in the Maharashtra state institutes based on their performance in the entrance examination.
- VITEEE – Through VITEEE, students can apply for the B.Tech course offered by the Vellore Institute of Technology.
- TS EAMCET – One of the most popular private institute entrance examinations, TS EAMCET offers admission into the B.Tech course in the Telangana state institutes.
Skills Set Required for B.Tech course
Students must possess the following skill-set for taking admission into B.Tech course:
- Teamwork quality
- Familiarity with industry standards
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of the Core Subjects
- Leadership Skills
- Acquaintance with Computer and IT
- Analytical and Creative thinking
- Application of the Knowledge
- Multi-Disciplinary Exposure
Career Opportunities and Job Profiles
Engineers are highly demanded in India as well as abroad. Every technical field in India recruits highly competent engineers across the country. By pursuing an engineering course, a B.Tech degree holder can work as an engineer. Besides this, they can also work as subject matter experts, consultants, managers, researchers, etc. Some of the popular job profiles for B.Tech graduates have given below:
- Civil Engineer
- Ceramic Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Computer Science Engineer
- Lecturer/ Professor
- Electrical Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Telecommunication Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Marine Engineer
- Production Engineer
Top Recruiters for B.Tech Graduates
B.Tech graduates can seek jobs in both the private and government sectors. In every domain, the demand for a graduate is rapidly increasing. Here are some of the companies hiring B.Tech graduates:
- IBM Global Services
- Bain and Company
- Infosys Technologies
- TATA Consultancy
- Accenture Services
- InfoEdge India Ltd
- Hindustan Unilever Limited
- Goldman Sachs
- ITC Limited
- JP Morgan, etc
As an engineer, you can easily earn 50,000 to 60,000 per month. As per your experience, knowledge, and specialization, you will be hired by top-notch companies worldwide. Furthermore, you get a good better growth by your work experience and job roles.
Choosing an engineering specialization is solely depends on you. You just have an interest and career goals in your respective field. Engineering with specialization is very beneficial for better future growth, career opportunities, and high salary packages. Today, there is a huge demand for Computer Science professionals in every technical field. You may think of pursuing engineering with computer science and their domains. The respective course offers a great amount of exposure and knowledge.