Today, education is very much essential to make a career. Choosing the right path is just like cheery on the cake. Because of three main streams – Science, Arts and Commerce, students get a chance to explore their skills, ability and knowledge. But many students have confused about which stream is the best to be picked. The choice all depends upon the student interest and preference. Well, in my opinion, all streams are good in their aspects. Here we talk about the medical or science stream. It one of the toughest career paths, but it brings a wide range of career opportunities and benefits for their aspirants.
Before taking admission into PG or UG science courses, candidates make sure that they have good knowledge of Physics, Biology and Chemistry. Besides, you have to qualify relevant entrance exam to get admission into the reputed medical college of India. Some of the popular entrance exams include AIPMT, BDS, NEET, PGMAT and many others. If you are thinking to appear for the PMT exam, then you must know about eligibility criteria, accurate procedure, syllabus, the format of the exam and how to apply for it?
What is PMT Exam?
PMT is a national level pre-medical entrance exam conducts every year by one of the most well-known boards; The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi. Presently, it has been replaced by the NEET- UG Entrance Exam by National Test Agency. The AIPMT (now NEET) entrance exam had organized for permitted admissions in BDS and MBBS courses offered by various medical colleges across the nation.
All India Pre Medical Test / AIPMT or PMT offered 15% of the total seats to the students in all medical and dental colleges/ institutes, run by the State Government, Union of India, Municipal or other Local Authorities in India (exceptions – Andhra Pradesh, J&K and Telangana). In February, AIPMT (now NEET) notification will be released. Every year lakhs of students are attempting this exam, but very few candidates are selected. It is a highly competitive exam that requires high-level knowledge of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Candidates, who are seeking admission into top-notch medical colleges, can appear for AIPMT (now NEET) exam. Previously it has been conducted by computer-based mode and but presently it has become a pen and paper-based exam. AIMPT was conducted into two stages – Preliminary and Main whereas NEET-UG in one paper tests.
Eligibility Criteria for All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT)
Before applying for the AIMPT exam, candidates should meet with eligibility criteria. They need to fulfil them and then appear for the AIMPT exam. The major requirement for AIMPT as follows:
- Candidates should have completed their 10+2 from any recognized university.
- Candidates appearing for the graduation level exam and qualifying for the exam are also eligible to apply for AIMPT (now NEET).
- Aspirants appearing at graduation level and completed for a B.Sc degree are also eligible to apply for AIMPT (now NEET).
- Students who are appearing in the final year of graduation can also apply for this exam.
- Applicants should be studying Physics, Chemistry / Biotechnology, Biology and English as a mandatory subject in their qualifying examination.
- Applicant should secure at least 50% in marks in Physics, Biology / Biotechnology and Chemistry.
- For SC/ ST/ OBC – Students with this category should secure a minimum of 50% marks in their HSC to apply for the entrance exam.
- Those applicants who want to apply for AIMPT should have above 15 years.
- For SC/ ST/ OBC – candidates of this category should have below 23 of age which means with the age of 28, candidates can apply for this exam (5% relaxation).
- For Physically Challenged aspirant – up to 30 years.
The candidate with the following nationality can apply for the AIPMT exam:
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indian Candidates
- Persons of Indian Origin
- Overseas Citizens of India
Mentioned all are eligible as per the All Quota seats under the 15% criterion.
How to Prepare for the AIMPT entrance exam:
Before appearing for the entrance exam, candidates should well prepare for it. By following few steps you will get the right path to prepare for the AIMPT entrance exam:
- First of all, aspirants should familiar with the exam curriculum including topics and subjects.
- Almost all students preferred to cover difficult topics first. If you want to crack the entire syllabus in the short term then quickly covers easy topics.
- You are advised to go through to previous year exam question papers.
- Collect relevant data related to Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Attempt mock test within the required duration.
- The students should clear their basic concepts in their 11th and 12th
- During the exam period, the student needs to eat healthy foods and vegetables, take proper rest and sleep.
- You should give equal time to each subject.
- Take the help of qualified teachers and professors.
- Collect study material and reference books of the authorized publication.
With these few steps, you can crack AIMPT in your first attempt.
AIMPT (now NEET) Exam Pattern
For the better preparation of examination, candidates should have to prefer the exam pattern first. The AIMPT exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam – Earlier, AIMPT was conducted through computer test mode but now the AIMPT (now NEET) is organized offline (pen and paper mode).
- Number of Attempts –Candidates will get a total of three attempts for this exam. All attempts will be counted.
- Total questions – 180 Questions will be asked in the AIMPT exam.
- Types of Questions – It is an MCQs based paper (Multiple Types Questions).
- Duration of Exam – Candidates will get a total of 3 hour period to attempt all questions.
- Languages – The question paper of AIMPT (now NEET) will be available in a total of ten different languages including English, Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Telugu, Gujarati, and Marathi.
- Marking Scheme – The candidates will be rewarded with 4 marks for each correct response.
- Negative Marking – In case of each wrong response, 1 mark will be deducted.
- Chemistry – 45 Questions, 180 Marks
- Physics – 45 Questions, 180 Marks
- Zoology – 45 Questions, 180 Marks
- Botany – 45 Questions, 180 Marks
Earlier, the exam is conducted in two stages: Preliminary and Mains
- Preliminary Examination – 200 Objective Type Questions, 3 hour
- Mains Examination – 120 Objective Type Questions, 3 hour
- Marking Scheme – 4 Marks for each correct response
- Negative Marking – 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong response
Marks Distribution for Preliminary Exam:
- Physics – 45 Min Duration, 50 Questions, 200 Marks
- Chemistry – 45 Min Duration, 50 Questions, 200 Marks
- Botany – 45 Min Duration, 50 Questions, 200 Marks
- Zoology – 45 Min Duration, 50 Questions, 200 Marks
Marks Distribution for Mains Exam:
- Physics – 45 Min Duration, 30 Questions, 120 Marks
- Chemistry – 45 Min Duration, 30 Questions, 120 Marks
- Botany – 45 Min Duration, 30 Questions, 120 Marks
- Zoology – 45 Min Duration, 30 Questions, 120 Marks
The syllabus of AIMPT is based on the suggestion of the Medical Council of India or MCI. MCI check the 11th and 12th syllabus of different boards of various states (CBSE, RBSE etc.) and then prepare a prospectus for a medical exam. The syllabus of AIMPT involves majorly 11th and 12th standard Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Zoology Syllabus. To get proper regarding the AIMPT syllabus, visit the official website.
AIMPT Admit Card
Before the examination date, candidates have to download their admit cards. Applicants must carry the admit card to the examination centre (which one you choose). All students are allowed to enter only with the admit card. The following details should be correctly mentioned on the admit card: Father’s Name, Details of Admit Card, Gender, Category, Name of Applicant, Application Number, Date and Timing, Address of the Exam centre, DOC and Roll Number.
Students can check the university’s official website online. Every year the medical institutes/universities declare the result and listed the merit –list on their official website in June. The student can take the printout of the result and merit list for future purposes. The official merit list has prepared by the higher or resulting authority.
AIMPT Counselling Process
For appearing in counselling, candidates have to pay the required fees. During the registration, the candidate has to pick a course as per their interest. After the declaration of the result, the counselling process will conduct. It conducts through online mode, divided into two rounds – Group Discussion and Personal Interview Round.
Application fee for AIMPT
Candidates can apply for AIMPT online and pay the fee through a debit card/ net banking or credit card. The application fee for the different categories as below mentioned:
- OBC/ General – Rs. 1400
- SC/ST – Rs. 750
How to apply for AIMPT Exam?
- Visit the official website aipmt.nic.in.
- Then, click on the admission option
- Fill necessary details
- Scanned photo and signature and then upload them on the website
- Make payment at the time of registration
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Table of Contents