The stock market in India is very strong. The stocks have strong fundamentals, and in such a case, the investment in stock markets are usually attractive. The stock market can offer a reliable career option for both investors and professionals. The stock market provides a lot of opportunities. For investing in the stock market, all you need is learning and analytical skills. However, you can make a promising career in the stock market. A lot of people find it as an attractive option, and the field is very diverse.
If you wish to make a career in the stock market, then you need to decide the field that you would like to enter. Depending on the field, you can choose a course that will help you in gaining the skills required for the job. To begin with, you can work as a stockbroker or as a financial advisor. Other blue-collar roles are that of a portfolio manager, equity analyst, fund manager or a researcher. It depends on what interests you and what you want your primary function to be like.
With the knowledge that you gain from the stock market, you can even start investing your own money and make healthy gains. You can build an extensive portfolio for yourself, or you can be an intraday trader. Many people also opt for the intraday options trading, and it makes up for a regular income stream for them. We are sure that you have gained interest in the stock market by reading the introduction itself. So, let us move along and check out various stock market courses along with the fee details, eligibility criteria and career options in the stock market.
Table of Contents
- Stock Market Course Eligibility & Details
- Stock Market Certification Course
- Stock Market Advance Certifications
- Stock Market Diploma Level Course
- Stock Market Master Level Courses
- Stock Market Course Curriculum
- Stock Market Courses Colleges In India
- Stock Market Course Admission Process
- Job Prospects after the Stock Market Course
- Who should go for Stock Market Course?
Stock Market Course Eligibility & Details
There are several courses available in the market that can teach you about the stock market. The level of the course will also differ and so as the eligibility and the fee structure. Below are some of the popular stock market courses in India along with their eligibility criteria.
Stock Market Certification Course
These are the basic level courses that will give you basic knowledge of the stock market. You can opt for stock market certification, stock market courses for traders, equity dealer certificate course or a certification course for technical or fundamental analysis. Depending on your interest you can pursue some of the courses or all the courses. There is no such eligibility for the certification course apart from the fact that you should have completed 10+2. Many organization prefer candidates from commerce background, and hence you can go for BBA or a similar course after 10+2 and pursue it along with the certifications.
Stock Market Advance Certifications
After gaining basic knowledge of the stock market, you can opt for advance certifications as well. You can pursue a course in investment and portfolio management, or courses are SEBI, NISM XV Series. You also have the option to pursue a course as that of Investment advisor. For these courses, you should have a strong knowledge base of the stock market, and that is the only eligibility.
Stock Market Diploma Level Course
Almost every organization wants to hire candidates who are at least 21 years old. They want the candidates to be patient and have a risk-averse attitude. In such a case, after completing your 10+2, you can go ahead and pursue a Diploma Course in the Stock markets. Once you complete the diploma course, you will be of the age at which you will quickly get a job. You can opt for a Diploma in Investment Advisory, Diploma in Financial & Stock Markets or any other field related to the stock market. In the diploma courses, good colleges will have a minimum marks requirement of 50%.
Stock Market Master Level Courses
If you would like to grow further in career, then the degree will hold a lot of value. The best way to get a quick increment is by completing a master-level course. The MBA or M.Com are the top choices of the candidates as well as the recruiters. Even an MBA in Finance or Operations is going to be the right choice. These degrees can open your horizon and help you in getting the role of a product owner or a product manager as well. For the masters, the eligibility depends on the college that you are selecting. Moreover, you will get through a good MBA college via CAT Entrance Exam.
Stock Market Course Curriculum
The curriculum of the stock market course depends on what you are studying. If you are opting for the certification course, then you can be sure that the curriculum would include only the part of which the certification focuses. The most common course is the diploma course in the stock markets, and below are the modules that you will learn about while doing a diploma in the stock market course.
- Capital Markets
- Derivative Markets
- Commodity Markets
- Currency Markets
- Technical Analysis
- Risk Models & VAR
- Risk Hedging & Option Strategies
These are the main subjects that you will learn during the diploma. In MBA, you will touch base on these topics again if you choose your major as Finance. You will also learn about the various aspects of the stock market and how the market sentiments impact the pricing of the stocks. If you have finalized the course and college, then you can go ahead and check out the course curriculum on the college’s website.
Stock Market Courses Colleges In India
Many institutes and colleges are offering this course for you. The fee varies depending on the certificate, and it also depends on the college. You can check out the details of the college in the section below.
- IFMC Institute, New Delhi
- University of Mumbai
- Joseph’s College of Commerce
- NSE Academy
These are some of the major institutes offering these courses in India. The best option available here is the NSE Academy. You can also explore the options with IIM as it often provides short term courses. You can even opt for online classes from portals like Udemy as they will teach you about the topics that you like. Remember that the practical knowledge matters the most here and you must also start virtual trading with the help of portals like NSE Pathshala. The virtual trading will enable you to get some hands-on experience without having to invest real money in the stock market.
Stock Market Course Admission Process
If you have made up your mind about pursuing the course in the stock market, then you can also check out the admission process listed below.
- The admission process for the certification courses is straightforward. You need to enrol for the course, pay the fee and you are good to go. These days, the method of delivery is restricted to the online process, and hence you can easily complete the certification course.
- If you are doing a diploma course, then you will have to go ahead and take admission on merit basis. You should have a good score in 10+2 to get the admission. Some institutes also have entrance tests, and they even offer a scholarship. You may have to go through a PI to get the admission in the diploma course.
- The MBA is a later stage, and if you are opting for an MBA, then we are sure that you would be aware of the admission process. It is usually based on CAT or other entrance tests like GATE. After the entrance test, the candidate needs to go through GD and PI to get the admission.
Job Prospects after the Stock Market Course
You will be surprised to know the job prospects after completing the stock market course. The scope of the job is not just restricted to broker-dealer services. You can work with investment banks, fund houses, large organizations, mass media, research institutes and even insurance organizations. You can even work with banks or investment consultants as well. All these organizations offer healthy career option, and they offer different roles as well. Below is the description of some of the designations that you can get in the stock market.
- Stock Broker – Stockbrokers primarily work with the organizations involved in the brokerage and dealer services. The job may include assisting clients with their investments and managing the platform. You may even be responsible for helping the client in providing recommendations for the investment.
- Advisor – You can work as a financial advisor or as an investment advisor. These people help in managing the investments of people and creating a portfolio for them. The job requires an understanding of the industry, and you will get a chance to study the fundamentals of the stocks or companies to make good recommendations.
- Portfolio Manager – You can even work as a portfolio manager for the clients or the organizations. The portfolio managers can help the individuals or the companies actively or passively manage the portfolio. You will not get this role in the beginning, but you will have to climb up the ladder to work as a portfolio manager.
- Analyst – There can be a different type of analysis in the stock market. You can get a role of financial analyst, research analyst, equity analyst or a risk analyst. The job is to create financial models to replicate the behaviour of the stock market and offer insights that can be a part of presentation decks or the market research reports.
- Fund Manager – The next type of role available is that of fund analyst. This role is quite the top of the pyramid role. You can work as a fund manager for large fund houses. If you choose to deal with the high net worth individuals, then you can even work with a hedge fund manager. This role is indeed very respectable, and you will get to manage huge AUM under this role.
- Researcher – The last type of role is that of a researcher. You can for research firms and the main part of the job includes analyzing the stocks or the industry domain and compiling reports for the clients. If you work as a researcher, you can also choose to be a guest lecturer in the colleges and help students in learning fundamentals of the stock market.
Coming to the next big question about the salary, well it depends on you. Your performance in the stock market will govern your salary. The better you perform, the higher you will grow. These jobs are also very incentive-driven. As a fresher, you can get a package of approximately Rs 3 Lakhs per annum, and as you grow, you can reach a seven-digit salary figure. The most elite and high paying roles are the ones of Fund Manager, Portfolio Manager and Top of the House Researchers.
Who should go for Stock Market Course?
If you are interested in the stock market and if you have the required skills, then you can certainly invest your time in the stock market courses and skill up yourself to gain the necessary knowledge. After completing the courses, you can work full-time, part-time, or you can even start your own business. There are specific skills that you need to have to have a successful career in the stock market. You can start early in the development of these skills and only then will the course prove to be fruitful. The fundamental remains the same, and that buy low, sell high. Some of the skills that you need to have are patience, logical reasoning, problem-solving, mathematical & analytical skills, accountability & business knowledge. You can also be an industry or a domain specialist if you have strong knowledge of a particular domain.
So, if you have a passion for succeeding with well-defined goals, then you must opt for the stock market courses, and we are sure that with your hard work and dedication, you will succeed in the domain.
We have shared all the information about the stock market courses. You can check out various certifications to get the core knowledge. As mentioned earlier, most of the companies employ in this field after you cross the age of 21. So, our recommendation would be to opt for a Bachelor’s degree. It will not only improve your pay scale, but it will also improve your chances of getting a job. As a part-time job, you can invest your money but restrict the risk as, without proper knowledge, you may end up losing the money.