Sanitary inspectors are one of the attractive job titles in the public sector. While it is a government job, the pay is good and the job is permanent. Apart from all these, the job load is comparatively less. However, there are not too many courses that teach sanitary inspector skills and knowledge.
Unlike most of the other courses, this course is not well-known to most people and the job opportunities are not as diverse as any other qualification. As most commonly the job is concentrated in the public sector, the vacancies are limited, therefore, the courses based on this field are scarce. But, for your information, some reputed hotels, family welfares, hospitals, etc. have permanent sanitary inspector job posts.
It is almost impossible to list all the sanitary inspector courses, as different institutions and colleges, offer the course under a different name. However, in this article, we will discuss the top two sanitary inspector courses that could help you get employed.
- National institute of public health training and research – sanitary inspector course
- Diploma in the sanitary health inspector
Most of the experts we recommend perusing any one of these courses to become a sanitary inspector.
Sanitary health inspector course from skill development program (National Institute of Public Health Training and Research)
To join this course, click here https://fwtrc.gov.in/admission/add/Q1g4OVJuaXR5SE51K0pXSDNXVGZDZz09
To download the admission form, click here https://fwtrc.gov.in/sites/default/files/Announcements/Skill_developement.pdf
Sanitary health inspector course, SDP (Skill Development Program): Introduction –
The skill-based training courses are a specialty of SDP and they are designed in such a way that a candidate is given training for enhancing a specific existing skill or to teaching new skills. This sanitary course is a skill-based course started under the directive of the Ministry of Health and F, W, NIPHTR Mumbai.
Cleanliness and public health is an important matter of concern for local, state, and central government. At the local, state, and central level sanitary health inspectors play an important role in protecting public health and the environment in different ways. As the public health sector is developing, the demand for sanitary health inspectors has been increasing. To ensure safe drinking water, neat food, and basic neat sanitary conditions, the local, state, and central bodies could appoint sanitary health inspectors, and candidates who complete this course could be appointed.
Sanitary health inspector course, SDP: Benefits of this course –
This sanitary health inspector course offered under SDP trains the candidate to manage both health and sanitation aspects in various sectors. Which, in turn, helps in maintaining and safeguarding the health and environment of the people.
Sanitary health inspector course, SDP: Eligibility criteria –
Unlike other courses, the eligibility criteria for this course are not diverse.
- The candidate should have completed 12th
- The candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in the 12th board exam
- The candidate should have completed 12th from a government recognized board.
- The candidate should have perused science stream in 11th and 12th
- The candidate should not be older than 30-years and younger than 18-years
Sanitary health inspector course, SDP: Course duration –
This course is not classified as a diploma or certificate course, instead, it is called a skill development program and it has a course duration of 1-year.
Sanitary health inspector course, SDP: Examination and grading system –
The one-year course duration is split into two semesters. A total of three papers needed to be attended and passed to complete the course. Theory 60 marks, practical 20 marks, and internal 20 marks. Apart from these three, a viva-voice would be conducted for 60 marks.
Sanitary health inspector course, SDP: Course fees –
An admission fee of INR 1000 needs to be paid at the time of admission and a tuition fee of INR 1000 per month. However, the tuition fee needs to be paid only each semester. So, in total to peruse the course and completed the course, the total fee would be INR 13000. SC/ST candidates are exempted from tuition fees.
Diploma in the sanitary health inspector
This diploma course in sanitary health inspector is an entirely different course from the course discussed above. This diploma course is designed in such a way that it offers insight and knowledge on the assessment of nutritional requirements, health, and importance of foodstuff, therapeutic nutrition, daily nutrition requirement, etc.
Completing and passing this course could get you a job as a sanitary health inspector in the public or private sector. There are five-star hotels, hospitals, companies, NGOs recruiting sanitary health inspectors these days. Most of the students who have perused this course are satisfied with this course and the outcome.
Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Eligibility criteria –
The eligibility criteria for this course is different from the above-listed SDP course.
- A candidate who have passed 10th and have understudies with science, maths, and English could peruse this course.
- A vocational 12th pass ITI/understudies can also peruse this course.
Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Admission process –
To join this course, you need to find out the institutes or colleges that offer this course. Once you have found it, you need to contact them to know the exact admission process. Some colleges and institutions enroll candidates based on entrance exam results and some enroll based on merit.
Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Course duration –
This is a diploma course, however, the course duration is limited to 1-year. There are some colleges and institutions that offer 2-year diploma course in the same field. The 1-year course duration is split into two semesters and each semester lasts 6-months.
Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Course syllabus –
This 1-year course includes a maximum of 8 different papers.
- Biological science
- Public health administration
- Communicative English and computer fundamentals
- National health programs and communicable diseases
- Practical 1
- Practical 2
- Practical 3
- Practical 4
Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Job opportunity –
In a developing world like today where health and cleanliness are considered to be more important, more and more openings and job opportunities are rising. In the future, the demand for diplomas in sanitary health inspector is predicted to increase.
Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Career –
A candidate who has completed this course could find employment as
- Research assistant
- Health and sanitary inspector
- Assistant training executive
- Clinical counsellor
Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Salary package –
A diploma in sanitary health inspector graduate is entitled to get a minimum salary of 10000 per month and a maximum of INR 35000 per month. Like all the other jobs with experience and better skills, the salary could perhaps go beyond INR 35000.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there any entrance exam for the sanitary inspector course?
Sanitary Inspector has become popular among students in India. There are various private and public institutes offering diploma and degree courses to become a sanitary inspector. Well, admission to this course is based on a merit basis. There is no specific entrance test required for taking admission to it. The seats are reserved or allotted based on marks obtained by the candidates in Class 10th or 12th.
- What should I study to become a Sanitary Inspector?
The course is divided into two paths – one way is for becoming a sanitary inspector by doing degree course and second is a diploma course in the respective field. For the sanitary inspector, candidates should have passed their 10+2 with science stream from a government recognized board. For diploma course, should have passed their Class 10th with science, Maths and English. Besides this, candidates who have passed their 12th along with ITI can also pursue this course. Thus, aspirants should have good knowledge of public health and biological science.
- How much duration will I get to become Sanitary Inspector?
These skill development programmes take a total of 1-year duration. Well, the candidate will get theoretical knowledge and practical training during the course period. To become a sanitary inspector, candidates must have to pass the theory and practical exam as well as the internal exam. Besides this, they should also clear viva-voice. After qualifying, they will undergo training to become a sanitary inspector.
- What are the opportunities after the sanitary inspector course?
On successful completion of this course, candidates can seek jobs in the healthcare and cleanliness sector. They would choose to pursue higher studies in their respective field or work as a teacher, research assistant, clinical counsellor, health and sanitary inspector or assistant training executive.
- How much cost is required for doing a diploma in sanitary health inspector?
The admission fee for the sanitary health inspector course may vary. At the time of admission, a candidate needs to be paid a minimum of 1000 Rs. & INR 1000 per month as tuition fees. The course prospectus is based on the semester system. Thus, candidates need to pay for each semester. However, the minimum fees for this course are INR 13,000.
- What are the top institute/ college for Diploma in health inspector courses?
- All India Institute of Local Self Government, Delhi
- University of Technology, Jaipur
- SinghaniaUniverisity, Rajasthan
- Belgaum Insitute of Medical Science, Belgaum Karnatka
Table of Contents
- Sanitary health inspector course, SDP (Skill Development Program): Introduction –
- Sanitary health inspector course, SDP: Benefits of this course –
- Sanitary health inspector course, SDP: Eligibility criteria –
- Sanitary health inspector course, SDP: Course duration –
- Sanitary health inspector course, SDP: Course fees –
- Diploma in the sanitary health inspector
- Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Eligibility criteria –
- Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Admission process –
- Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Course duration –
- Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Course syllabus –
- Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Job opportunity –
- Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Career –
- Diploma in sanitary health inspector: Salary package –
- Frequently Asked Questions