- The full form of the DUET exam is the Delhi University Entrance Test.
- The Delhi University Entrance Test is used to select learners for Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Master of Philosophy, and Doctor of Philosophy programs.
- The Delhi University Entrance Test 2021 examination will be kept in three niches across a hundred exam centers in eighteen cities.
- This examination is allocated by the National Testing Agency on behalf of Delhi University. All policies comprising undergraduate, Post Graduate, Master of Philosophy, and Doctor would be administered through online exams through electronic devices such as computers or mobile.
Syllabus regarding the DUET examination
The students appearing for the DUET exam must go through the entrance exam syllabus carefully according to their opted course.
- The quantitative ability questions are present in the question paper and they must be taken care of by the students if they want to excel.
- Reasoning and logical ability problems also hold great importance in the entrance examination. They are on the spot to solve brain questions.
- Students must be thorough with common English grammatical problems.
- General awareness topics must also be studied.
- The opted language subject-related questions would show up on the paper.
Exam pattern regarding the DUET examination
- The total time which would be allotted to students for completion of the exam would be one hundred and twenty minutes.
- All the questions would be addressed in a multiple-choice pattern in which the candidate would get four answer options and have to select one out of those.
- The number of questions to be presented in the paper is a hundred and the maximum marks are four hundred.
- Candidates must have an admit card for accessing the examination paper.
- The 2021 year examination would be taken online.
- A negative marking of one is assigned for every wrong answer and four marks for every right answer.
Fees regarding the DUET examination
While filling out the application form, the student must pay the fee regarding it so that the form gets submitted to the department. The fee is charged by the institution for rendering its services.
- Students belonging from general and other backward classes must pay rupees five hundred.
- Scheduled caste and scheduled tribe students have to pay rupees two hundred and fifty for the form.
- Students belonging to the Public Works Department have to pay rupees two hundred and fifty for the form regardless of their caste group.
The fees must be paid through online mode therefore digital transactions. Mediums such as Paytm, Google pay or UPI, Amazon pay, debit card, credit card, etc. can be useful for payment.
Eligibility standards for enlisting in the DUET examination
To participate in the program, an individual must meet specific requirements. If the sole person passes the applicability investigation, he or she is eligible to participate in the exam’s advantages.
- First criteria for enrolling in the exam is that the Individuals applying for the exam must be over the age of eighteen years old for females and male both.
- The second regulation states that the Individual must have passed their twelfth standard from any recognized board such as central boards of secondary education, International board, state board, or Indian Certificate of Secondary Education.
- The third criterion states that the student applying must not have previously failed in their twelfth standards, they must have scored a graceful amount of marks in both the theory and practical tests.
- The fourth standard is gender; both girls and boys in the community are capable of enrolling in this exam. Other genders are also favored by the examination.
- Students who have taken a year dropping after completing their twelfth want to apply can do it certainly as they’re eligible.
- The student must have the academic credential compelled by the university norms and deliver a certificate of their most current highest qualification, which is the sixth rule that must be attended.
- The seventh norm says that the students wishing to get enlisted for Bachelor of Technology and Master of Computer Application courses must have passed their twelfth standard It degree courses with a minimum of sixty percent. The student must also have had mathematics as their subject in their eleventh and twelfth standard or degree course to get eligible.
- Eighth standard states that the students wanting to get enlisted in the bachelor of arts course in humanities and social sciences with honors must have had more than sixty percent marks in their twelfth class board.
- Ninth, bachelor of art honors in multimedia and mass transmission course demands for more than seventy-five percent marks in all of the subjects except the English language subject as the percent required to be attained in this subject must be above eighty-five percent.
- Tenth norms specify that the Bachelor of Legislative Law and Master in Commerce course expects more than fifty percent marks for general category students, meanwhile it is more than forty-five percent marks from other backward class students as minimum marks, and students belonging from scheduled caste and scheduled tribe must score more than forty percent to get eligible.
- The eleventh criteria explain that students must have had more than fifty percent marks in their twelfth examination boards to get enrolled in courses like Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education, and Diploma in Elementary Education.
- The last measure tells that students with a higher percentage of marks would get priority over the students with a lesser percentage of marks.
How to enroll and jot up the petition form for enlisting in the DUET examination
- For getting enrolled, the person should analyze the eligibility and analyze whether they’re acceptable for the exam or not, and if they’re acceptable then they can stop at the authorized portal of the Delhi University.
- From the cover tab of the portal, there would be a redirected tab on which all the crucial elements should get jotted up like the inscription of the person, generation, citizenship, phone number, email address, religion, etc. After crowding these elements the portal would deliver the confirmation code to the quote phone number through the memo to begin again. After asserting that code on the portal, an account name and a password would be assigned to the person and after this, their account name would get enrolled.
- If the person qualifies, he or she can fill out the petition form. To complete it, the person must return to the Delhi University Portal official web tab. The person must log in using their enrolled account name id and password from the DUET’s home tab.
- After checking in, the person can go back to the tab and double-check the eligibility rules or protocols.
- To permit and get enlisted in the DUET, the person should fill up the petition form.
- There would be a three-dot symbol on the cover tab’s upper right corner as an option. You can choose the option to open the petition form and it would need to be downloaded.
- It is advised to print the form at near printer shop for future reference.
- After mentioning the elements, you need to make the petition paper inspected, and then it can be deferred on the portal or posted on the system and official email id.
(Note: The authorized portal of the DUET is http://du.ac.in
The documents can also be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If the person wishes to jot the petition form through an offline method then he/she can visit the university and take up the form from the reception department.
- From there, they would get a printed form from the office registrar attending there.
- The form then requires to be jotted with all the important elements and then it should be allocated along with the crucial papers.
Rahul Kumar is a passionate educator, writer, and subject matter expert in the field of education and professional development. As an author on CoursesXpert, Rahul Kumar’s articles cover a wide range of topics, from various courses, educational and career guidance.