NTA is an acronym for National testing agency. It is an Indian government agency e approved by the union council of ministers for higher education institutes. The NTA exam is an entrance test for getting admission to higher educational institutions nationwide. The entrance test is conducted to check the transparent and international standard test for assessing the competency of candidates for the recruitment purpose. The national testing agency is conducting the test for admission in the educational institutes for the bright future of the candidates. NTA employees will work with the Government of India towards research and development of a test for assessment of the population.
The national testing agency is entrusted by all Indian Institutes of Ayurveda. The candidates should know that the NTA is a government body or not. It is providing only a free mock test to the students who want to give the test in the test practice center. The facility will be available on the website because, initially, only one mock test is available for the exams. The facility is responsible for conducting the joint entrance exam for undergraduate students. It will include the mains exam, National eligibility test for undergraduate, National eligibility test, common management admission test, and graduate pharmacy aptitude test.
Other backward classes that belong to non-creamy and scheduled caste can apply for the entrance exam. The agency will conduct a highly competitive entrance exam to provide an opportunity to the aspirants twice a year. It currently conducts examinations for engineering and medical entrance. The candidates can learn about the registration date and mode of examination to appear in the examination for studying from higher educational institutions. The checking of the eligibility criteria for appearing in the entrance exam is also necessary for the aspirants.
Table of Contents
Eligibility criteria for NTA exam
The national testing agency will select candidates who are compatible with UGC net eligibility criteria. It is the post for assistant professor and junior research fellow in many reputed colleges and universities. An eligibility criterion is provided to the candidates to appear in the examination. As per the required UGC NET qualification
- Candidates have secured at least 55% marks in the master’s degree from recognized universities.
- The candidates should not be more than 31 years of age for junior research fellow.
- If the candidates are NET aspirants, then they can check complete UGC net eligibility requirements for assistant professor and junior research fellowship before applying for the examination.
Educational qualification for NTA entrance exam
- The candidate should have 55% aggregate marks or an equivalent degree from recognized institutions for UGC.
- The candidates should have 50% aggregate marks for scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, or transgender candidates.
- The Ph.D. degree holders should have completed their master’s examination to become eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate mask for appearing in the NTA exam.
It is the educational eligibility criteria to appear in the national testing agency entrance exam. The candidates can step apply in the case if the final result for the master’s degrees is awaited.
- The candidates do not require to send any certificate or document in support of their eligibility form. They have to mention their category in the form and bring certificates at the time of admission.
- If the candidates are found ineligible for the entrance test, then the candidature of the student will be canceled, and they are liable for legal actions.
- The aspirants can apply for the NTA exam only if they have completed a master’s degree. They can apply for the related subjects that are mentioned on the list of subjects and courses.
- The candidates who belong to the third gender category are eligible to have some relaxation in fees and eligibility criteria for the examination.
Age limit criteria
- The candidates for the junior research fellowship should be above 31 years of age on the first day of the examination month.
- There is no age specification for the assistant professor entrance examination.
It is the eligibility criteria available related to the age of the candidates. Some age relaxation is also available to the candidates following under the categories
- There is a five years age relaxation to the scheduled caste, OBC, scheduled tribe, a person with a disability, transgender, and women applicants.
- There is a five years age relaxation provided to the candidates who have the research experience only if the certificate is produced by an approved institute or University.
- There is a three years age relaxation available to candidates with an LLM degree.
- A five years age relaxation is provided to the armed forces to appear in the National testing agency entrance exam.
If you fulfill all these eligibility criteria, then you are eligible for appearing in the entrance exam for assistant professor for junior research fellow.
Aspirants have to complete both papers in duration of 3 hours. The answering of all the questions is mandatory for all the candidates. They can check the complete paper syllabus below
- Unit 1 – teaching aptitude
- Unit 2 -research aptitude
- Unit 3- English comprehension
- Unit 4- communication
- Unit 5 – mathematical reasoning and aptitude
- Unit 6 – logical reasoning
- Unit 7 – data interpretation
- Unit 8 – information and communication technology
- Unit 9 – people, development, and environment
- Unit 10 – higher education system
Syllabus for paper second
- Economics, rural economics, or planning development
- Political science
- Social work
- Defense and strategic studies
- Home science
- Public administration
- Management including business administration and marketing management and industrial relation and personnel management
- Maithili, Bengali, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, English, and many more languages are included in the second paper of the National testing agency entrance exam.
It is the syllabus of the examination and the topics covered under it. The candidates have to prepare themselves for all the languages for appearing in the test for higher educational institutions admission. The preparation for all the subjects is essential to get passing marks in the entrance examination for higher studies.
NTA Exam pattern
The first step towards the preparation of the national testing agency entrance exam is understand the structure and pattern. The exams will be held twice a year, in June and December month. Paper 1 is based on a general paper, while the second paper is a subject-specific exam. The following is the pattern of UGC and et exam.
- Common for all subjects
- 50 number of questions
- The marking weightage is of hundred marks which include two marks for each question
- The total duration to complete the paper is 3 hours
- General paper on teaching and research aptitude
- Online examination
- No negative marking
- Subject-based paper
- Total hundred questions
- The total weightage of marks is 200 that includes two marks for each question.
- The total time duration is 3 hours
- Subject related topics for questions
- No negative marking
The conducting of the examination will be in two different shifts. The following are the details available related to the conducting of the examination.
- The exam time of the first shift is between 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and for the second shift is 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The total duration of a single shift is 3 hours.
- The entry time is before one hour from the examination.
- The instructions of the invigilators will be provided before 15 minutes of the examination.
- The end of the exam of the first shift is at 12:00 p.m., and the second shift is at 6:00 p.m., respectively.
The above mentioned is the exam pattern provided to the candidates who want to appear in the NDA entrance examination.
NTA Exam fees
The fees for the general National testing agency entrance exam are 1500 rupees for online application. The fees for general NCL are 1400 Rs. There are instructions and procedures available for online applications for national testing agencies and test exams. The candidates have to follow the instructions available to appear in the examination with depositing of the respective fees.
How to register for NT exam
The candidates should go through the following information for registering for the National testing agency entrance examination.
- Visit the national testing agency website
- Search for the national testing agency notifications for recruitment to which you want to apply
- The candidate should have a colored photograph with them to provide while filling the online examination form National testing agency entrance exam.
- If the candidate wears spectacles, then the glares on the glasses are not accepted.
- The candidate should provide a digital signature with the photograph.
- The uploading of the digital signature should be in black color only and with a white background.