B.TECH ECE (electronics and communication engineering) is an undergraduate program for four years, divided into eight semesters. The course is beneficial for candidates who have passed the 12th class in the science stream.
The course covers all concepts and topics which are related to the hardware system. You can use the course study in telecommunication, electrical sectors, and energy sectors. The course also includes different concepts such as – Digital communication, Analog communication, Wave programming, and many more. After completing the degree, there are plenty of job options where you will be utilizing active and non-linear electrical components.
The core topics provide you with practical and theoretical knowledge in depth. The candidates must be clear a national level entrance JEE mains exam, or you can pursue through direct admission.
How to know if you are eligible for ECE?
The eligibility factor varies from institute to institute. If you are willing to study in ECE, you must fulfill four important requirements. Some of the important criteria are as follow –
- You must have passed 12th with a minimum aggregate, 60% for all candidates and 55 % for the reserved category. The 12th mark sheet must be issued by a recognized board or an institution.
- You must have to choose major subjects in 12th such as mathematics and physics.
- The students who are waiting for the final exam result or appearing for the exams have an option for applying for the ECE course.
- The candidates who are holding a diploma in electronic and communication must have been clear all exams.
Once you fulfill these essential requirements, you are eligible for most ECE colleges in India. The eligibility factor will be the same but there will be more parameters as if you go for reputed institutes. Most of the government-run institutes have difficult entrance exams and hard to crack cut-off scores.
Admission process for ECE
The top college offers admission on a merit base while some other colleges conduct their personal entrance exam. You have to well prepare for the personal interview as well. Your communication skills and knowledge of current affairs obtained a 40% chance to secure your admission. Qualifying candidates are shortlisted after clear an entrance exam. Best of the best candidates who can show their excellent performance will stand to chance to receive a personal interview letter. Don’t forget to learn about aptitude and reasoning as well.
If you go with some of the obvious names of ECE, then you need at least 50% aggregates to get selected. Once you score first division or 70% in PCM, you are eligible for most engineering institutes. Keep in mind that this is an undergraduate degree, and you will be doing M. Tech in ECE. Deciding a reputed institute to provide you higher chances of enrolling for post-graduate efficiently. Even if you score excellent marks, you are directly eligible for the scholarship. So, go with a reputed institute.
For being a part of the dream institute, candidates can crack the JEE Entrance exam or personal institutes entrance exam. JEE covers IITs, NITs, and other technical institutes. Here are some other entrance exams mentioned for the B. TECH ECE-
- JEE Mains – To crack the JEE mains exam, the candidates must have progressive knowledge and skills in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. This exam is mostly held in April. This exam is held throughout the country at the same timing and if you crack it, you will be enrolled for JEE advanced test.
- JEE Advanced – The JEE Advanced exam is held in May. It is held for those candidates who had clear their JEE Mains and pursued IITs. Physics, chemistry, and Mathematics are the basic subjects for this exam.
- SRMJEE – It is another entrance exam held under the SRM Institute of Science and Technology. There are 125 MCQ to complete, and you get 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- VITEEE – The VIT University conducted this exam for candidates. Valore institute of technology is such a prominent name where you can enroll. The cut-off score is difficult but if you are an average student and have lean dedication then it is easy to crack.
- BITSAT – Across the country BITS, Pilani conducts the entrance test to secure admissions for deserving candidates. After the government-run institutes, BITS Pilani is a striking name, and getting admission to this college means you can get excellent jobs. The private level entrance exam is competitive, but it isn’t that hard for an average student.
There is an alternate option available which is a private institution. The country’s top listed private universities provide you with the direct admission option. Some are Sharda, Noida, and Amity University. Many other universities set their entrance exam. You can take direct admission or follow the entrance process.
Syllabus for Electronics and Communication Engineering
Overall, the course is divided into eight semesters for four years. Assignments, practical exams, and theory are included in them. Here we mentioned the important subject’s syllabus-
- Semester 1 – Applied mathematics-1, Applied Physics-1, Applied Chemistry, manufacturing process, electrical technology, and fundamentals related to computing.
- Semester 2 –Applied mathematics-2, Applied Physics-2, Electronic devices, Introduction to programming, engineering mechanics, top-notch communication skills.
- Semester 3 – Applied Mathematics-3, Data structure, Analog Electronics-1, Switching Concepts and logical Designs, Measurements and Electrical instrument, Systems, and Signals.
- Semester 4 – Applied Mathematics-4, Computer Architecture, and Organization, Analog Electronics-2, Network Analysis and Synthesis, Electromagnetic field theory and Concepts, Communication Systems.
- Semester 5 – Communication skills, Digital knowledge, and Communication, Control Systems, Digital System Design, Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, Industrial Management.
- Semester 6 – Microwave Engineering, Digital Signal Processing, Coding and Information theory, VLSI Design, Networks and Data Communication, Antenna and Wave propagation.
- Semester 7 – Embedded Systems, Wireless Communication, and Electives.
- Semester 8 – Satellite Communication, Electives and Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks.
All the subjects mentioned for every semester are the same in most institutes. You can go for additional subjects as if you want to learn something else and have better growth.
If you choose this course as a career, this can makes a life changer. You can fulfill your dreams easily. After completing this course you can go for a government job or a private job. The candidates also go for the CAD engineer, Application and Web developer, Network Designing, or a Hardware Engineer option.
Electronics and Communication Engineering offers you different sectors jobs. Eventually, long-term jobs provide you with a high pay scale. Software and hardware industries are one of them. A wide range of options is available in various states. In this era, electronics study is the best option to become a successful person.
Infect, every year the developed industries hiring new colleagues. AIR, NPL, defense are the famous one who offers INR 3 lakh to 6 lakh to enrolled candidates. It is the starting salary. Your experience will give you more. A bulk of knowledge along with dedication will take you to success in this career.
B.TECH ECE course fee depends on the merit level, popularity, and ranking of the institute. The course fee structure is approximately 50k to 1 lakh. Some private institutes charged 6 lakhs to 7 lakh INR. The government-based institutes offer lower fees as compared to other private institutes.
No doubt that most people want to choose institutes run by states as they offer better scope and placement guarantees. However, getting admission is quite typical due to the higher competition, entrance exams, limited seats, and fewer institutes. You can still find a great private institute to enroll in electronics and communication engineering.
Keep in mind that the popular level isn’t always the necessary thing because you should look for placement factors. Most reputed private institutes provide 50% of students placed for incredible salary packages.
The course will allow you to become the richest person. It helps to make a successful career in the communication and telecom industry. The ECE enrolled candidates get a decent salary after their experience and intelligence.
- If we discuss the future scope, the media, and entertainment industry is the first and long-term platform available for ECE candidates. The government also set beneficial provisions for this sector.
- A lot of organizations like MTNL, BSNL, and the civil industry welcomes communication engineering candidates for a long period.
- Power sector, Indian Oil Corporation, Semi-conductor, Chip designed industry, Indian Railways, and many other sectors provide placements every year.
- With a decent remuneration the top listed industry like Tata, Phillips, Toshiba, CISCO required graduated students across the county every year.
- Also, after completing electronic and communication engineering, candidates have many further options to increase their yearly packages. Candidates can choose MBA, M. Tech, and other higher studies. Further studies can help in getting better jobs which will help in several ways.
Aspects like future scope depend upon several aspects like how much you scored, what’s your confidence level, and additional skills. Personality development might not feel necessary but it can help to get better salary packages as you can convince with the confidence and the way you deliver the message.
Most institutes offering Electronics and Communication Engineering throughout the country have given lots of ECE graduates. But, do all the students get placed or prominent jobs? Well, the answer is no. The employment rate is very low and the exams for IIT are set to a difficult level so only excellent students get selected. In case, you want to score well and get great jobs, don’t run for marks, prepare yourself for high-end private institutes.
They can also offer you impressive jobs. Keep in mind that the best institute can provide you better companies for placement but if you are a great student and have lots of ideas, you can find start-ups as an easy option. Do not limit yourself to fixed jobs that most companies are offering.