After 12th there are several types of courses that a student could peruse. Diploma, degree, or certificate course. Some people assume all these courses to be inferior or superior to each other. This is a wrong assumption, all the three types of courses are very good. None of the courses are inferior or superior to one another.
If you are a person who is planning to peruse a degree course, then you should first know that degree courses are not just limited to just engineering or medical, there are several other degree courses like B.com, B.Sc. M.Sc. M.Com, BBA, B.Ed., M.Ed., etc. Therefore, before joining any degree course, make sure that you know at least 5 or 6 different courses. Most commonly, people join a course assuming that the options are limited. As of today, there are more than 10 or 15+ major degree courses, and each degree courses have a specialization, which all adds up to more than 50 different degree courses.
Remember, choosing the right course is the factor that sets a person on the path of success, a life of regret is not good. Weight your option first and then decide which degree course to follow. Do no blindly join for a degree course.
List of Best Degree Courses In India 2022
|Course Name||Course Duration||Eligibility||Course Type|
|Bachelor’s in Business Administration||3 Years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Masters in Business Administration||3 Years||After Graduation||Postgraduate|
|Bachelors in Engineering||4 Years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Master in Engineering||3 Years||After Graduation||Postgraduate|
|Bachelors in Computer Application||4 Years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Master in Computer Application||3 Years||After Graduation||Postgraduate|
|Bachelor of Fashion Design||3 – 4 years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Bachelors in Interior Designing||4 Years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||5 Years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Bachelor of Mass Communication||3 Years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication||3 Years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery||5 Years 6 Months||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Bachelor of Science in Nursing||4 Years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Master of Science in Nursing||2 Years||After Graduation||Postgraduate|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||3 Years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Master of Pharmacy||2 Years||After Graduation||Postgraduate|
|Bachelors of Education||2 Years||After Graduation||Undergraduate|
|Master of Education||2 Years||B.Ed||Postgraduate|
|Bachelor of Commerce||3 Years||After 12th Pass||Undergraduate|
|Master of Commerce||2 Years||After Graduation||Postgraduate|
List of Best Degree Courses In India
To help you, here is a list of the top 10 degree courses in India that you could consider perusing. Remember, their courses are popular and they could get you attractive jobs.
1. Bachelor’s in Business Administration and Masters in Business Administration BBA/MBA
Management courses are one of the finest degree courses in India today. The graduates of this course have diverse job scope and it is not just limited to India, but spread at international levels. While BBA is just a UG program, it could be perused by 12th passed students. But the MBA course could be perused by applicants with at least a bachelor’s degree. Both BBA and MBA are always in the group of degree courses that gets a graduate better employment and an attractive salary package. Both BBA and MBA are 3-year courses, so, to come out as a BBA+MBA graduate, it takes 6-years. However, the candidate should join a reputed university and gather maximum knowledge about management within this course duration.
- To peruse BBA, the applicant should pass 12th and opted commerce stream
- To peruse MBA, the applicant should hold a bachelor degree
2. Bachelors in engineering and master in engineering BE/ME
When it comes to engineering, let it be a bachelor’s or master’s degree, it is one of the oldest and most interesting degree courses in India today. The job scope of engineers is spread all around the world. There are different engineering courses that a person could peruse, mechanical, civil, electrical, chemical, computer, electronics and communication, and many more. If you are interested to peruse an engineering course, you should find out all about the different courses under engineering and then join a specific course based on your interest. While BE/B.Tech. is a 4-year course, the master of engineering is a 3-year course. To peruse both BE and ME the candidate would need 7-years in total.
- To peruse B.E/B.Tech the applicant should have passed 12th with minimum 50% marks or hold a suitable diploma for lateral entry
- Should have opted for PCM/PCMB in 11th and 12th
- To peruse M.E/M.Tech. the applicant should hold B.E/B.Tech degree
3. Bachelor’s in computer application and Master in computer application BCA/MCA
Not everyone could peruse an engineering course, some assume that BCA is inferior to B.E Computer science or IT, this is a wrong assumption. There are a lot of computer and IT industries that consider BCA and B.E computer or IT engineers equally for the same job. In the coming years, the demand for computer application bachelor graduates is predicted to skyrocket. If you are interested to work with computers, this degree course is a good option for you. Once you have graduated BCA you could peruse, masters in the same. While BCA is a 4-year undergraduate course, MCA is a postgraduate course with a duration of 3-years. The employment opportunities for both BCA and MCA graduates are spread all around the work.
- To peruse BCA, the applicant should have passed 12th
- He/she should have opted for any stream with computer science as a core subject
- To peruse MCA, the applicant should have at least a bachelors degree
4. Bachelor’s in fashion, web, or interior designing
Are you a person with superior or intermediate creativity skills? If yes, then you consider perusing any of the bachelor’s degrees in web, interior, or fashion. Remember, each of these courses is different, while fashion deals with fabrics, style, and the fashion industry, web designing deals with designing web pages, and when it comes to interior designing it is related to civil engineering. An interior designer needs to design the interior of a building according to the customer’s requirements. All these three courses require good creativity and artistic skills. Apart from these, there are other streams like multimedia design, game designing, textile designing, graphic design, etc. Before joining this type of degree course, you need to first understand each course and join based on where your talent and skills lie.
- To peruse B.design, the applicant should have passed 12th from any stream
5. Bachelor’s in mass communication or Journalism BJMC
The mass communication industry is a fast-growing one and along with the growth of mass communication journalism also grows, this, in turn, increases the job opportunities, and the presence of international players in this industry in India. If you have a skill in journalism and if you plan on becoming a journalist, you could consider perusing this course. Bachelors of mass communication course focuses on how to persuade and affect the behavior, attitude, emotion, and opinion of the mass in both the long and short run. In the same way, journalism is all about extracting data from people and gathering information from several sources. Are you interested in doing such things professionally? Then, peruse this course.
- To peruse mass communication or journalism, the applicant should have passed the 12th from any stream.
- To specialize in the field of mass communication or journalism, the applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree and work experience.
6. Bachelor’s in medicine or dental MBBS/BDS
MBBS and BDS are degree courses focusing medical field, it is one of the oldest and in-demand degree courses all around the world and in India. While MBBS is not an easy course to peruse, BDS is comparatively easy to peruse. However, to enroll for MBBS the applicant should have the mindset and the skills to crack the entrance test and all the other exams that follow. There is no need to explain the importance of this course as most people with the least education would have an understanding of this course and everything related to it. While MBBS is all about human health and general medicine, BDS deals with dental health, care, and hygiene.
- To peruse MBBS or BDS, the applicant should have passed 12th and opted biology as their core subject in 11th and 12th.
- He/she should pass the entrance test conducted by either central or state government.
7. B.Sc. in Nursing and M.Sc. in Nursing
B.Sc. in nursing is not as complicated as MBBS or BDS. But, the demand for nurses is comparatively very high. The number of nursing graduates that come out of colleges each year is very high, most of them find employment in India and others migrate to other nations. The reputation of Indian nursing education is well-known in most of the nations. If you are a person who loves to take care of people and work close to the medical field, then a B.Sc. in nursing is what you must peruse. However, if you do not want to work closely, but teach it, the consider perusing M.Sc. nursing after graduating B.Sc. nursing. The same master’s degree could also offer a higher post in hospitals.
- To peruse B.Sc. nursing, the applicant should pass 12th and should have opted science stream in 11th and 12th.
- If you have any medical issues, you might not get a license
- To peruse M.Sc. nursing you need to have a bachelor’s degree in nursing and at least one year of experience in nursing.
8. Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy B.Pharma./M.Pharma
Bachelor of Pharmacy and masters in the same field is all about preparing and dispensing drugs for several health issues and support. Pharmaceuticals is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world and therefore, the demand for the number of B.Pharma and M.Pharma graduates. This course is considered to be one of the finest degree courses related to the medicine these days. Several western countries offer better employment opportunities to these Pharmacy graduates. As far as we know, B.Pharma and M.Pharma graduates could find employment in pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies. Perusing M.Pharma could get you employment as a lecturers or professors in medical colleges or universities.
- To peruse B.Pharma course, the applicant should have passed 12th
- He/she should have opted for PCM/B as core subjects in 11th and 12th
- To peruse the M.Pharma course, the applicant should hold B.Pharma degree
- He/she should clear the GPAT entrance exam
9. Bachelor of education or Master’s of Education B.Ed./M.Ed.
Teaching is one of the most respected professions in India, however, in the recent few years, there was a fall in the number of enrollees for this course. However, since the last years, the number of enrollees has begun to increases. While not all people are cut for this job, if you are a person who could explain academic topics and subjects without making it sound complicated and if you have the skill to communicate efficiently with others, then you should consider this course. While graduating from this course and becoming a teacher or lecturer might not add too much cash to your account, it is one of the best professions in India. To teach in higher secondary classes, you need to graduate both B.Ed. and M.Ed. it is a mandatory requirement in India.
- To peruse B.Ed. course, the applicant should have passed 12th from any stream.
- To peruse M.Ed. course, the applicant should have passed the entrance test conducted by the educational body or a particular university.
- He/she should have a B.Ed. degree.
10. Bachelor of Commerce and Master of Commerce B.Com/M.Com
B.Com is a degree course that deals with finance, accounting, investment, etc. It is one of the common courses perused by students who pass the 12th commerce stream. While this course is just a basic undergraduate course, it is one of the best courses that could get you a job anywhere in the world. Even a medium level business employ B.Com graduates for accounting and billing purpose. The demand for B.Com graduates is not just limited to India but all around the world. However, the reputation of the university or college you studied is an important factor that decides the value of your B.Com degree. Once you have graduated B.Com, you could peruse M.Com to apply for better jobs and positions.
- To peruse B.Com, the applicant should have passed 12th and should have opted for commerce stream
- To peruse M.Com, the applicant should hold a degree in B.Com. or any other bachelor’s degree in commerce.
Apart from these courses, BA-LLB, Bachelor of hospital management, bachelor’s in fine arts, sociology, etc. are some other top degree courses. However, the above-listed degree courses are the best in India today.
Degree Courses Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I go for the integrated course?
Yes, you can go for the integrated course, but we suggest that you only opt for the integrated course if you are getting into a good college. The integrated course will save you from preparing for the post-graduation and appearing in the entrance tests for PG. So, you can utilize that time for summer internships or short term learning courses too. The integrated course is undoubtedly a good option for you, and it saves you a lot of time if you are clear about your goals and requirements. So, to sum it up, we can say that you can opt for integrated courses.
2. Is BCA + MCA equivalent to computer engineering?
Combining BCA and MCA is often compared to computer engineering because it offers you the same knowledge that you get during the B.Tech courses. Certainly, some of the subjects are different, and the duration of BCA + MCA is longer than that of computer engineering. The advantage of BCA over B.Tech is that even commerce students can go for this course whereas B.Tech is restricted for Science students. Apart from this, both courses prepare you well enough for the IT industry, and you can choose any one of these according to your interest.
3. What is the most common combination in these degree courses?
We will try to generalize the answer to this question. The most common combination that we have seen in these degree courses is a technical course or a domain-specific course followed by a management course. For example, students opt for BBA, BCA, B.Tech or Fashion Designing, Mass Comm, or Pharmacy courses in the bachelor’s degree. In the post-graduate degree, most of the students choose MBA or a similar popular course. Another popular combination is the same domain courses like BBA + MBA, B.Tech + M.Tech, B.Sc + M.Sc. So the final choice depends on your interests and your specialization.
4. Do I get internship chances if I opt for any degree course?
Yes, most universities offer you a chance to go for an internship in the bachelor and master’s course. Most universities make it mandatory for you to opt for an internship during the final year of the degree course. Courses like MBA, B.Tech, ME, BCA, Fashion Designing, Mass Comm, MBBS, B.Ed have a mandatory internship clause. You are evaluated based on your performance during the internship, which forms a significant part of the curriculum. So, you get the desired industry exposure when you are pursuing a degree course.
5. Can I change my domain during the post-graduation?
Yes, you can change the domain during post-graduation, and this is a common practice. You will notice people from the creative, technical and even medical field going towards the management side. However, there are some restrictions here. The most common restriction is that you might not be able to switch from a non-technical to a technical course. Like, you won’t be able to get admission in M.Tech or M.E. after doing BBA or Bachelors in Mass Communication. Similarly, do not expect to get admission in the medical field in post-graduation if you are not from that field. These are some of the restrictions, but the change of domain is still a common practice.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Degree Courses In India 2022
- List of Best Degree Courses In India
- 1. Bachelor’s in Business Administration and Masters in Business Administration BBA/MBA
- 2. Bachelors in engineering and master in engineering BE/ME
- 3. Bachelor’s in computer application and Master in computer application BCA/MCA
- 4. Bachelor’s in fashion, web, or interior designing
- 5. Bachelor’s in mass communication or Journalism BJMC
- 6. Bachelor’s in medicine or dental MBBS/BDS
- 7. B.Sc. in Nursing and M.Sc. in Nursing
- 8. Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy B.Pharma./M.Pharma
- 9. Bachelor of education or Master’s of Education B.Ed./M.Ed.
- 10. Bachelor of Commerce and Master of Commerce B.Com/M.Com
- Degree Courses Frequently Asked Questions