BBA or Bachelors of Business Administration is counted among the popular courses in a bachelor’s degree. This course is all about the management of the business or company. You will be taught about the various ways of handling the business and the various tactics that are involved in the smooth running of the business. It is a professional course that is mainly availed by the students after passing 12 th standard.
There is a misconception that you should do MBA after completing BBA. This will help you to get a better job. But the fact is that BBA is enough for getting a good job. There is no such mandatory rule of doing or pursuing an MBA. Most of the corporate sectors and companies look for BBA graduates. They are hired and are provided with lucrative salaries. It is through BBA that you will be able to know about the various tactics and mode of running a business.
If we look back, a few days back the students did not have such a better option. They had to opt for normal subjects. Through this, they had to go opt for other courses in getting a good job. It is through the discussion about the course students can gather in-depth information about BBA.
There is a series of criteria that should be followed by the students for getting enrolled in this course. The aspiring students should fulfill all the criteria’s and eligibility to study this course.
- The candidate should have completed 10+2 or equivalent degrees from any recognized board or organization.
- The candidate has to secure minimum 50% in the examination. Below this marks, he will be not allowed to take admission in the course.
- The age of the candidate should be between 17 years to 25 years.
- Above-all the student should have the urge to know about the subject. This is the most vital thing.
Before commencing the course you should be well-versed with the syllabus of the subject. This will help the students to grow interested upon the subject. The course is for 3 years and total of 6 semesters are to be completed by the students. The subjects may vary as per the college and the universities. Let us commence the main subjects that are included in this course.
- Principles of Management.
- Business Mathematics and Statistics.
- Introduction to Operations Research.
- Business Economics
- Financial and Management Accounting.
- Production and Material Management.
- Personnel Management and Industrial relations.
- Marketing Management.
- Business Data Processing.
- Business Laws
- Introduction to Psychology.
- Business Analytics.
- Introduction to Sociology
- Micro Economics
- Organizational Behavior.
- Essentials of Marketing
- Corporate Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- MIS/ System Design
- Understanding Industry and Market
- Leadership and Ethics
- International Business Management
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Commercial Bank Management
- Security Analysis
- Manufacture Planning and control
- Digital Marketing
- Retail Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Computer Applications
- Family Business Management
- Export/Import Management
- PR Management
- Project Management
- Financial and Commodity Derivatives
- Financial Modeling using Spreadsheets
- Industrial Relations and Labor Legislations
- Consumer Behavior.
These are the main subjects that are included within the syllabus of BBA. They are divided into six semesters.
BBA is a wonderful course that can provide a student with a good and lucrative job. The course mainly aims at management and administration of the business. However, the course provides a good salary package right from the entry-level. The average salary package of the aspiring students usually ranges from Rs 2 Lakhs per annum to Rs 5 Lakhs per annum. In due course of time, the salary increases with the promotions and experience. Apart from this, the candidate also gets substantial incentives and benefits. In fact, the career is very bright and good with a BBA background.
Generally, the fees of the BBA colleges vary. This course can be mainly pursued by students from all the three branches like science, arts and commerce. The fees mainly range from 2 lakhs annually to 15 lakhs annually. This mainly differs from colleges to colleges. It mainly depends upon the type of college you are being admitted. The higher the rank of the college the higher will be the cost. In many cases, students are found to take educational loans.
It can be rightly commented in this case that the scope of BBA is much better and brighter. Students have numerous options before them. It is a popular and amazing professional course that can help the students to make a good future in the business world. This degree is also perfect for the students who want to pursue or move with management education after 12th Standard. A student with a BBA degree gets a strong base in management and they perform better than those who are not from a management background.
When it comes to careers, a BBA student has ample scopes and options. This is one of the best courses where the student gets a high salary job right after completing graduation. No other courses can provide this facility and opportunity to the students. The economy of the country is improving and a number of companies are growing up. It is found that not all companies can afford the MBA candidates. In this case, the BBA graduates are hired and they get a good scope. They get new options where they can prove themselves.
In many cases, it is also found that a good number of students ignore and hesitate to go to engineering courses. They feel that the BBA courses are much better and they can assist them in getting a good job. This compels them to choose BBA. After the completion of three years course, the candidates are hired by reputed companies. Thus within a short time, they get fame and positions. They are also paid good salaries and this helps in increasing their effort and dedication towards the work. Hence the scope of BBA is nice and great.
Why should one study BBA?
Ample reasons are there for choosing BBA. Let us discuss some of the important ones. Well, you can get various benefits while choosing this subject. Most of them are essential and vital in true sense.
- The course or the syllabus of BBA is designed by the industry experts. It signifies that the students will gain a good knowledge about the smooth running of the business. A short course on BBA will prepare you right from branding to marketing of the product uniquely. No other course will give you such knowledge. This is the best part of the course.
- It is through BBA that the personality or the mode of talking of the candidate’s changes. The course will teach you to speak smartly in the public. It will also help to develop some soft skills among the students. This is a very essential part of the course.
- It is right from graduation that the students are placed in good positions. They join the offices as trainee managers or in a different administrative position. They are also given good salary packages and another type of benefits.
- It is also considered to be the best professional degree that can help a candidate to do better in their future. Within a short period, they become experts in the corporate world.
- It is found that the pass out students is placed in various companies. Through this, they create a good network. This network chain allows the juniors to get the job easily. Sometimes refer to works well in this trade.
- If you are willing to start your own business then a course of BBA is mandatory. This is because it is through this course that the candidate will get a clear picture of the business. They will well-aware about the various pros and cons of the business. This is a very essential thing that one should know.
BBA has earned good fame and popularity among the students. A lot of students dream to make a good career with BBA. However, the fees of the colleges may be slightly higher but it is worthy to study in such a college. BBA is a professional course that helps a student to gain good knowledge about the business and its administrative policies.
It will also teach the students various types of tactics that may be required while running a business. It s estimated that within a few years the number of candidates for this course will be the highest. This undergraduate course is the best one of all the courses. On the other side, if you have a family business it is perfect to go ahead with this subject. This will help to take the business to a different level of success and achievement.
Rahul Kumar is a passionate educator, writer, and subject matter expert in the field of education and professional development. As an author on CoursesXpert, Rahul Kumar’s articles cover a wide range of topics, from various courses, educational and career guidance.