Every student has a dream of a government job but very few are getting selected. There are numerous government sectors where you can apply as per your qualification and interest. Have you ever listen about the SSB exam? Maybe, no! The SSB or Sashastra Seema Bal is one of the popular Central Armed Police Forces and popularly known as a paramilitary force. It was established in the year 1963, under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. It has been created to achieve Total security awareness and work as a backbone of the Indian Military at the time of war. It covers various armed police forces like ITBP, CRPF, CISF and BSF. Every year, the SSB offers numerous post in their department such as constable, clerk, laboratory assistant, record keeper, Sub Inspector, Head Constable. It is not possible to explain all recruitment exam of SSB. Here we have mentioned some major posts that you should consider.
What is SSB Exam (for Constable Post)?
SSB or Sashastra Seema Bal requires educated, skilled and trained students for their various departments. The SSB different posts are filled by a single exam which is conduct by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year. Presently, the security of Indo-Bhutan and Indo-Nepal Borders is managing by SSB. Candidates who are willing to be a part of SSB can apply for any post.
Under the supervision of CAPF (Central Armed Police Force), this national level exam conducts every year. If you want to apply for a constable post then you can visit the official website of SSB recruitment http://www.ssbrectt.gov.in/to get further details. When we talk about salary package, it has given to aspirants as per the level 3 structure, i.e. Rs. 21,700 to Rs. 69,100. Those who have to sit for the SSB exam must know that before appearing in the written exam, candidates must be physically and mentally fit.
The SSB exam is a written exam and divided into three Phase – Physical Efficiency Test for Phase-1, Written Examination for Phase-II and Trade Test for Phase-III. It is mandatory to clear all three phases. If you are interested to work in the SSB department at the constable post, then you must fulfil the eligibility criteria first.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for SSB Exam (For Constable Post)?
The eligibility criteria for SSB Exam have depended on academic qualification, nationality, physical standards and age limit. The eligibility criteria for a constable post is listed below:
- Constable (Driver) for male-only – Male candidates must pass their 10th from a recognized board. He must also possess a driving license for heavy vehicle.
- Constable (Veterinary) – He or she must pass their 10thfrom any recognized board. Apart from this, he or she has a 1-year experience letter from a recognized veterinary hospital, in the treatment of many animals.
- Constable (Laboratory Assistant) – Candidates must have their 10th with science as the main subject from any recognized board. They also have a lab assistant certificate which is offering by a government institution.
- Constable (Plumber, Painter and Carpenter) – He or she should pass 10th class with science as a core subject from any recognized board, or
- An individual should have 2-year work experience in work trade or must attain 1-year experience in respective trade, which is offering by ITI or Vocational Institute, or
- Candidates should obtain a 2-year diploma course certificate from a recognized industrial training institute in the respective trade.
- Constable (Ayah) for female –Female aspirants must have passed their 10th standard with science subjects as a core subject from any recognized board. Although, she must possess certification in first aid examination from red cross society. Apart from this, they also have a 1-year experience letter in the respective exam.
- Constable ( Barber, Safaiwala, Water Carrier, Waiter, Tailor, Cobbler, Gardener, Washerman) – For this post, you should be passed your 10th standard from any recognized board along with 1-year of experience, or
- Having a 1-year certificate from an authorized training institute is also acceptable for this post. But you need to gain 1-year experience in the relevant trade, or
- Candidates with a 2-year of diploma in the relevant trade can also apply for this post. But candidates must qualify for the trade test.
The age limit for different job roles at constable post is listed below:
- Age criteria for Constable ( Driver) for male-only – 27 years
- Age criteria for Constable ( Ayah, Carpenter, Veterinary, Laboratory Assistant and Plumber) – 25 years
- Age criteria for Constable (Painter, Cook, Washerman, Tailor, Painter, Cobbler, Barber, Safaiwala, Water Carrier, waiter etc.) – 18 years to 23 years
The nationality of SSB Constable can different as per job role. The nationality for different job roles is below mentioned:
- Nationality for Constable ( Ayah, Cook, Washerman, Laboratory Assistant, Safaiwala, Water Carrier, Tailor, Gardener, Cobbler, Barber)
- The candidates who can apply for the below-mentioned job role must have Indian Citizenship.
- Nationality for Constable ( Driver, Carpenter, Plumber, Veterinary and Painter)
Those who are applying for the above-mentioned job roles be a part of any of the following subject:
- A citizen of India, or
- The subject of Nepal, or
- Subject of Bhutan
Exam Pattern and Syllabus of SSB Constable
Before applying for the SSB constable post, you must be familiar with the exam pattern and its syllabus. The SSB conducts the examination to recruit for several job roles and position. There is no separate exam for each. The SSB Constable Exam pattern includes 6 phases of examination including PET, PST, Document Verification, Written Test and Medical Exam.
- PET or Physical Efficiency Test – The candidates will qualify for the physical efficiency test for being eligible for a written test. The PET for both male and female is listed below:
- Male – 8 Kilometers Race, Duration: 24 Minutes
- Female – 4 Kilometers Race, Duration: 18 Minutes
- PST or Physical Standard Test – The Physical Standard is different for each job roles and that is listed below:
Constable (Drivers): Height – 170 Cms, Chest: 80-85 Cms
- For Scheduled Tribe Candidates: Height – 162.5 Cms, Chest: 76-81 Cms
The chest and height standards can differ for each state. Otherwise, 170 Cms height and 80 Cms is Chest is normal standard to check physical fitness.
Constable (Barber, Safai wala, Water Carrier, Washerman and Cook):
For Male: Height – 167.5 Cms and Chest: 78-83 Cms
For Female: Height – 157 Cms
- For Scheduled Tribe Candidates:
For Male: Height – 162.5 Cms and Chest: 76-81 Cms
For Female: Height – 150 Cms
- Written Test – The question will be asked in the SSB paper are MCQs types.
- Number of Questions – 100
- Number of Marks – 100
- Duration – 120 Minutes
- Total Subjects – 4
- Negative Marking Scheme – there is no negative marking
- Trade Test – The students will be compulsory to attain a 5—point trade test with at least 60% of marks. The marks will be the same for all categories. The score of the Trade Test will be counted into the final merit list.
Syllabus of SSB Constable
The SSB Constable covers various topics which are related to five subjects namely General Awareness, General Knowledge, Knowledge of Elementary Mathematics, Analytical Aptitude and Basic Knowledge of Hindi and English.
- General Awareness and Knowledge – 25 Marks
- Knowledge of Elementary Mathematics – 25 Mathematics
- Analytical Aptitude – 25 Marks
- Language ( Hindi and English) – 25 Marks
- General Knowledge – Sports, Personalities in News, Geography (India), Indian Constitution, The Indian Economy, Indian Polity System, History (India), Science and Technology, Current Events (International, National and Local), etc.
- Numerical Ability – Number System, Simplification, Ratio and Proportions, Decimal and Fractions, Average, Problems on Ages, Profit and Loss, Mixture and Allegations, HCF and LCM, Simple and Compound Interest, Data Interpretation, Time and Work etc.
- General Hindi and English – Error Correction, Subject-Verb Agreement, Tenses, Verb, Adverb, Articles, Sentence Rearrangement, Comprehension, Synonyms, Vocabulary, Fill in the Blanks, Grammar, Idioms and Phrases, Unseen passages, Antonyms etc.
- Reasoning – Analytical Reasoning, Number Series, Blood Relations, Similarities and Differences, Directions, Arrangements, Symbols and Notations, Analogies, Coding and Decoding, Statements, Alphabet Series, Visual Ability, Data Sufficiency, Non-Verbal Reasoning etc.
SSB Constable Application Fees
The students who want to appear in the SSB constable exam, must fill the application form and pay application fees as per their category. The application fee for the different category is below mentioned:
- Application fees for General, EWS and OBC Category Candidates – INR 200/-
- Application fees for SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen and Female Candidate – No fees
How to Apply for SSB Constable Exam
By the below-mentioned steps, a candidate can apply himself for the SSB constable exam. Before applying for this exam, you must check the official notification of the SSB website for a specific post. Let’s check the entire steps:
- Open a web browser on your PC.
- Check the official website of SSB.
- Apply for a new post ( SSB Constable post) and fill in all details.
- A temporary id and password will be notified on the registered phone number and email id.
- Part-II login in
- Open the main page by using your registered id and password to complete the entire procedure
- fill up all personal details ( Academic, Qualification, Address etc.)
- Scanned and upload the signature and photograph.
- Make payment after checking the application form.
- your application form will be accepted for the SSB constable exam.
- Take a printout for future purpose.