NIFT entrance exam refers to a national-level design entrance test which is conducted by the National Institute of fashion. The exam offer admission to the candidates in different design programs. The aspiring students who want to get information in NIFT 2021 have to clear the NIFT entrance exam. The national institute of fashion technology is conducting the entrance examination every year for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The courses provide information about fashion designing to the students. The applicability of the courses is provided at more than 15 campuses of the NIFT.
The candidates can fill the NIFT application form from the online site at the official website of the design entrance examination. It does not serve the purpose, so the candidates need to provide complete information and submit the form for admissions. It should be done according to the specified date and time mentioned at the official site by the officials. The NIFT entrance exam is a written exam for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The candidates can collect complete information about the fashion designing courses as there are several career opportunities available in them.
NIFT fashion designing is a comprehensive term and includes garment clothing designing, accessory designing, footwear designing, personal shopper, retail buyer, and textile designing, etc. The candidates can go through the important application date to appear in the NIFT entrance exam. The exam will be held in three stages, beginning with the general ability test as it is a written test for all the five courses offered by the NIFT campuses. It is followed by CAT (creative aptitude test and GD. The candidates have to pass all the tests to get admission to the NIFT campuses for fashion designing.
Eligibility criteria for NIFT
National Institute of fashion technology has set some parameters which need to be fulfilled for entrance in the NIFT campuses. Candidates should pass the eligibility criteria to get admission in fashion designing courses at NIFT campuses. The basic requirements include academic qualifications from a recognized board under a specified age. After the declaration of the result, the aspirants can apply for the 2022 sessions. The official authority or governing body of the entrance exam has set some basic academic eligibility requirements for the candidates. They need to pass the basic standards which are mandatory for the candidates to satisfy their qualification for different causes of NIFT.
Academic eligibility criteria
- The candidates must have passed the XII exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% of marks.
- The candidates who have completed secondary education from the local or overseas board should have validation by the Indian universities association to apply for the NIFT entrance exam.
- The candidates who have passed their secondary education from the National open school are also eligible to appear in the NIFT entrance exam. They should pass with five main subjects to appear in the NIFT entrance examination.
- The aspirants who have completed a three to four years diploma validated by the State board of technical education are also eligible to sit in the NIFT entrance exam.
- The candidates who have completed their general certificate education in countries like Sri Lanka and the United Kingdom with an advanced level of education are also eligible to give the entrance test for NIFT courses.
Thus, these are the eligibility criteria for academic qualifications of the aspirants to appear in the NIFT entrance exam for fashion designing courses.
- The aspirants from quad classes and categories should be of 23 years of age to become eligible for the NIFT entrance exam.
- The candidates belonging to scheduled caste and scheduled Tribes must be 28 years of age to be eligible for the NIFT entrance exam. Age relaxation of 5 years is given to the reserved categories aspirants.
- NIFT entrance exam provides different eligibility criteria for different courses. The candidates can learn about them on the official website.
NIFT Exam syllabus
NIFT syllabus includes qualitative ability, communication ability, analytical ability, current affairs, knowledge, and English comprehension. The syllabus for the cat and gat test is different, but some subjects are common for the aspirants.
Quantitative ability – it will include addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentage, rate of interest, distance, ratio and proportion, and work and task.
Communication ability and English comprehension will include synonyms, words with corresponding meaning, antonyms, idiom and phrase, correct spellings, singular and plural, and one-word substitute. The candidates have to prepare for the entire syllabus to appear in the examination.
Discernment ability, power of observation, design ability of the aspirants, creativity in the development of thought is the topics covered in the cat syllabus.
- For situation test and group discussion
- Knowledge of the topic
- Ability to generate innovative ideas
- Leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Conceptual clarity
- Contribution to the topic
- Problem-solving approach
- Interpersonal skills
- Personal interview syllabus
- Awareness and aptitude, creative thinking
- Career orientation
- General awareness
Personal achievements in academic and co-curricular activities
The above mentioned is the syllabus of the NIFT entrance exam. The candidates have to follow the information available related to the syllabus on an online platform to appear in the examination.
NIFT Exam pattern
National Institute of fashion technology will specify the pattern of the NIFT entrance exam, which will include all the parameters of the entrance test. The aspirants should go through the pattern of the exam before starting the preparation for the exam. The entrance test will evaluate the aptitude skills of the aspirants for admission in fashion designing courses in the NIFT campus. Learning about the exam pattern is essential to get admission to the NIFT campus.
The candidates need to go through the exam pattern of NIFT 2022 to understand the question-answer format. The NIFT exam pattern design is for entrance tests for admission in the NIFT campuses. It will consist of three parts that are creative ability test, general ability test, and situation test. The students who want admission in the bachelor of fashion design technology have to appear in only the GAT test.
Creative ability test exam pattern
The exam pattern will include three questions for the candidates that they have to answer in 3 hours. The total mask allotted in the section is a hundred. It will evaluate the design ability and candidate intuitive and observation skills for the development of a concept. The aspirants have to use innovative color and illustration skills to clear the exam. The candidates need to learn about the exam pattern before appearing for the test.
General ability test exam pattern
A student who wants admission to the degree of design programs will appear for the examination. The exam duration is forth towards, and the candidates have to carry pen and paper. The medium of the exam is both Hindi and English. Exam pattern will include 100 marks with 25 comprehensive English questions, 20 quantitative ability questions, 25 communication ability questions, 15 analytical ability questions, and 15 general knowledge and current affairs questions. It is the exam pattern.
The candidates have to fill the OMR sheet carefully as it is scanned digitally. A small mistake in the filling of the OMR sheet can result in the wrong encoding of the answer. The methods of fill the NIFT entrance test OMR sheet are mentioned below:
- The answer sheet is scanned by the machines to calculate the score.
- Each question has four answer options, and the candidates should use only blue or black ballpoint to shade the right answer by darkening against the corresponding answer.
- The candidates should consider that marking more than one oval will result in improper shading and is considered a wrong response.
- The aspirants are advised to check the right method to shade the oval of the OMR sheet as per the instructions on the side one of the answer sheets.
- The candidates cannot tear or bend the answer sheet.
- These are the things that you need to consider when you are checking the exam pattern of the NIFT entrance examination.
NIFT Exam fees
NIFT entrance exam fees for general and OBC candidates are rupees 2,000. For scheduled caste and scheduled tribe students, the application fee is rupees 1000. You should have information about the application feels when you are filling the exam form online.
How to register for the examination
The candidates can check the following things for registering for the NIFT entrance examination.
- The photograph must be in colour and professionally clicked.
- The background of the photograph should be white
- The photograph must be recent and should be taken after September 1, 2020
- If you wear spectacles, then the glares on the glasses are not accepted.
- The digital version of the passport size photograph is to be uploaded in JPG format.
- The facial features should occupy about 80% of the area in the photograph.
The signature should be in black only and written against a white background
The signature should be uploaded in JPG format with a maximum size of 50kb.
Rahul Kumar is a passionate educator, writer, and subject matter expert in the field of education and professional development. As an author on CoursesXpert, Rahul Kumar’s articles cover a wide range of topics, from various courses, educational and career guidance.