In India, everybody is friendly with the NEET which is (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam. But there are only a few who are aware of the NEET SS exam too along with NEET. If you belong to the category of persons who don’t know what the NEET SS exam is, here you will learn everything. Those students who wish to pursue medical courses such as MBBS, and BDS should go for the NEET exam in India as the entrance of different private and government medical colleges. Before 2019, NEET was conducted by the CBSE board, but then the exam was started conducting through NTA.
As per the Indian medical act, 2016 those students who want to make their career in numerous DM (Doctorate of Medicine) and MCh (Master of Chirurgiae) need to clear the NEET SS exam first. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for the Super-Specialty is the abbreviation of NEET SS. NEET SS is the only road to a career in Doctorate of Medicine and Master of Chirurgiae. Furthermore, no other exam including NEET is valid as the pathway to these exams. For entry to various DNB specialty courses, the merit scored from NEET SS will be utilized by the National Board of Examinations.
The application window for registration to the NEET SS exam will open approximately a month before the exam date which is open for approx 15 days so that each desired candidate will get an opportunity to give the examination. The exam of NEET SS is the only specified exam across India for pursuing the aforementioned medical courses as per the MCI (Medical Council of India). Every year a large number of students appear for this exam to fulfill their career ambitions and aspirations. After pursuing post-graduation in the medical field, if anyone wishes to enhance their career more, NEET SS is the main gateway.
Table of Contents
Eligibility criteria of NEET SS exam
Whether it’s NEET, NEET SS, or any other medical exams, before starting registering for it, make sure to check its entry prerequisite so that you may be sure of your eligibility norms. All students registering for the NEET SS exam should know that eligibility is important before going to give the examinations. Because if they have fulfilled all the required eligibility criteria, no problem will be there but if they haven’t, the authorities have the power to cancel their application anytime. Check out the NEET SS exam eligibility measures to appear for the same examination.
- The first eligibility norm that candidates should be sure of is to have a postgraduate degree in the medical field like MS, DNB with a pass provisional certificate from a recognized medical institution from India or internationally.
- Like if any candidate who is wishing to appear for the NEET SS exam but their PG results had not yet declared or given the examinations, holds all eligibility to give the examination.
- For every candidate, the National board of examinations has made it compulsory to present the document proof which validates their registration with MCI or the state medical council on the day of the examination.
- Several Foreign and National candidates are allowed to give the NEET SS exam even if they hold no registration with MCI but have been registered as Indian citizens through the competent authorities of the country.
However, these are some pre-necessities or eligibility which candidates need to have. If they are looking for eligibility norms in brief, kindly visit the official website of the Medical Council of India.
Exam syllabus of NEET SS exam
The variety of questions that candidates have faced during their post-graduation exam, the same questions will be asked in the NEET SS exam as well. The syllabus for the same exam is divided into two categories as Part A and Part B. Part A of the syllabus comprises of the
- MCQ questions will be asked for the eligible feeder broad Specialty courses.
- For those candidates who have chosen a single feeder broad specialty course for Super Speciality, part A MCQs will include the questions of only one broad specialty.
- The paper on cardiology will be an inclusion of three feeders broad specialty courses like General Medicine, Pediatrics, and Respiratory Medicines.
On the other hand, the Part B of the NEET SS syllabus will include
- A total of 60 questions from the concerned Super Speciality.
- It will also comprise the questions of PG exit level topics from the clinical method and basic science.
NEET SS exam pattern
To shine with top merit and scores, every nominee needs to be well versed with the exam pattern of the NEET SS exam. They will be allowed to choose two Super-Specialty programs for meeting up with the eligibility norms of the above exam. Candidates must go for reference as a timetable. The exam pattern of the NEET SS exam is stated below
- The mode of the NEET SS exam will be based on the computerized test.
- Multiple choice questions will be asked in the question paper of NEET SS.
- There will be a total of 100 questions in the question paper of the same exam.
- The question paper will be distributed into two parts A and B.
- For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded +4 marks, and for every wrong answer, and the incorrect answer indicates a -1 mark.
- The paper will be conducted in English mode.
- Part A and B of the paper will be of three and half hours.
- While for every part, candidates will be allowed 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Part A of the NEET SS question paper will carry 40% weightage.
- While part B of the NEET SS exam will carry a total of 60% weightage.
NEET SS exam fees
To appear for the NEET SS exam irrespective of the year, candidates are required to submit the fees along with their application form through online mode. A total of non-refundable amount Rs 3750 + 18% GST which is Rs. 4425, will be charged. Those candidates who are filling or registering for the exam are requested to keep their exam fees ready during the online form filling. After the payment of the application fees, the registration will be completed. The fees are non-negotiable as it’s the only specialized medical exam in India. Also, if the application form along with the required fees is not submitted by the due date, the National board of examinations holds eligibility to charge late fees from the candidates. Thus, it’s been advised to every candidate to submit the duly filled form with the fees timely.
How to register for the NEET SS exam?
For candidates who aspire to appear for the NEET SS examination, but don’t know how to register, the pointers given below will make you understand the whole registration process in the simplest way.
- Firstly, the candidates are required to visit the official website of the NEET SS exam after the release of the notification.
- Then candidates need to register themselves by providing their relevant details like Email ID, Phone Number, Date of Birth, and more.
- Next, the candidates can start filling up their application form with all the correct details for making sure to pass the eligibility norms as discussed earlier.
- Then, according to their preferred candidates, they can choose their exam center to give the NEET SS exam.
- After this, the application fees of a total of Rs. 4425 needs to be paid along with the application form through online mode. The preferred payment modes can be either through debit card, credit card, internet banking, online wallet, or more.
- The printout of the fees receipt and application form should be kept with the candidate carefully for future reference.
- The documents required at the time of the registration are passport-sized photographs with 200 dpi resolution, 80kb file size in jpg, jpeg, or image format. The photograph needs to be colored with 3.5*4.5 cm dimensions. Also, a scanned copy of the candidate’s signature and thumb notion is required.
NEET SS exam is known to be the master of all medical exams. With a NEET SS exam, candidates can go for courses like Cardiac Anaesthesia, Organ Transplant, Anaesthetic Care, Paediatric And Neonatal Anaesthesia, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Nephrology, Oncology, Hepatology and many more. For preparing for the NEET SS exam you can refer to a lot of books available in the market. Also, you can take your post-graduation level books to know all the conceptual and theoretical questions. Go for a different exam in the medical field and experience fewer crowds. Although lakhs of candidates appear for this exam every year, the number is far less than NEET and other medical exams.
This article has all the information related to the NEET SS exam. For knowing any information like eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern of not only NEET SS exam but any other exams too, you can go through the articles once for collecting all information in one platform.