10 Lines Essay on Dussehra in English
Dussehra is a Hindu festival that is celebrated at the end of Navaratri, which is a nine-day festival. It typically falls in September or October. The festival marks the victory of good over evil and is celebrated in honor of the god Rama, who is said to have defeated the demon king Ravana. On Dussehra, effigies of Ravana, his brother Kumbhakarna and his son Meghanada are burned to symbolize the victory of good over evil. The festival is also known as Vijayadashami and is celebrated with great fervor across India, Nepal and other countries with Hindu population.
1. Hindus celebrate Dussehra, one of their major holidays, which is regarded as one of the biggest festivities.
2. People around the nation celebrate Dussehra with a lot of fervor and dedication.
3. Everyone is looking forward to this celebration. In various parts of India, Vijayadashmi is another name for Dussehra.
4. This holiday has only one message, or we could say that it is all about “the triumph of good over evil.”
5. This celebration is significant because it represents the triumph of good over evil.
6. This festival’s main result is that good always triumphs over evil, truth over lies, and light over darkness.
7. Therefore, although people’s perspectives on this occasion may vary, they all celebrate it in essentially the same way across the nation.
8. This event is observed during the month called Ashvin according to the Hindu calendar. September to October is the month when Dussehra occurs. It is observed with a lot of fanfare and display.
9. Diverse regions of the nation observe Dussehra in diverse ways. It is a feast of majesty and radiance. The victory of good over evil is symbolized by the festivity.
10. This holiday is celebrated by people all around the nation with great fervor, joy, and passion.
Rahul Kumar is a passionate educator, writer, and subject matter expert in the field of education and professional development. As an author on CoursesXpert, Rahul Kumar’s articles cover a wide range of topics, from various courses, educational and career guidance.