MPSC exam is one of the civil services exams in it is the acronym for Maharashtra public service commission. The exam was found by the constitution of India as it refers to a body that selects candidates for civil services jobs in the state of Maharashtra. MPSC exam is the top service under group a under Maharashtra public service commission. The candidates can become assistant commissioners, duty collectors, or assistant collectors by clarifying the examination. The services of the collector provide smooth and efficient functioning for the Maharashtra government. There is the availability of suitable candidates for various government posts.
According to this exam, there is the covering of a broad range of Post and services. Some post-specific criteria are also available that you should know before writing the examination. Few posts required expertise in some subject matter as it is mandatory by the Maharashtra public service commission. The candidates can appear in both online and offline exams to get a job in Maharashtra public service commission.
Maharashtra public service commission will release the notification related to the recruitment of state tax inspector or sub-inspector post. The filling of the vacancies is true group B combined preliminary examination candidates. The candidates who are interested in the largest vacancies related to the Sarkari exam can collect details about the recruitment.
It is also possible to sign up for the job alert and additional information on the website. The candidates will also get additional information on upcoming government exams and vacancies related to Maharashtra public service commission. The officers will provide details about civil services jobs in Maharashtra, which are created by the constitution of India with headquarters in Mumbai.
Eligibility criteria for MPSC exam
Maharashtra public service commission conducts various exams to choose the candidates for different Posts for government departments. The eligibility criteria for several exams are conducted through the authority every year. Before appearing in the exams, the candidates can practice previous year exams and learn about the eligibility criteria. The candidates who are interested to give this exam, for them minimum age is kept to 19 years and maximum 38 years. They can appear in the exam by fulfilling the following basic criteria.
Candidates with Indian nationality can only apply for the examination. To apply for the state service exam, the candidate should be a citizen of India or a resident of Maharashtra state. They can get some relaxation by passing the eligibility criteria for the examination. The candidates living in the state for more than ten years are also eligible for the reservation. Fluency in Marathi is one of the basic criteria to apply for the examinations.
MPSC exam age limit
The candidates should learn about the maximum and minimum age limit for Maharashtra public service commission examination. The following is the information related to it.
- The candidate should be of a minimum age of 19 years.
- The maximum age is 38 years for appearing in the examinations.
These are the two exam age limit available for passing the eligibility criteria. While appearing for the state exam, the candidates should complete at least 19 years of age before appearing in the exam. Some relaxation is provided to the candidates based on the category.
Those who are coming under OBC, scheduled caste, and the person with disabilities, ex-servicemen are provided exemptions from the eligibility criteria related to age to give examination. The age relaxation is applied to the candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
- OBC –three years
- 7 years of relaxation to SC and ST candidates
- A person with disabilities –maximum age limit is 45 years
- These are the exceptions for the eligibility criteria related to the age of the individuals.
- The backward classes’ age limit is a minimum of 19 years and a maximum of 43 years to appear in Maharashtra public service commission exam.
- Ex-servicemen’s minimum age requirement for appearing in the exam is 19, and the maximum age limit for the general category is 43 years. The backward classes’ maximum age limit is 48 years.
- People with a permanent disability can appear in the exam with a minimum age limit of 19 and a maximum age limit of 45 years, respectively.
MPSC educational qualification
The candidates who qualify the below-mentioned criteria can pass the educational eligibility for the MPSC exams.
- They must speak Marathi with fluency
- They should have a graduation passed degree from a recognized University.
- The candidates in the final year of graduation are also eligible for the appearance in the Maharashtra public service commission examination.
The exam eligibility criteria are analyzed in the official notification for the state service exam. The examination is available for a broad range of posts and services. The candidates can pass the eligibility criteria to sit in the exam and get the opportunity to work as an employee of the Maharashtra public service commission.
MPSC physical measurements
The candidates who are applying to several posts in Maharashtra public service commission should meet the physical requirements as well. While applying for the Post of ACP or DSP, there is a need to pass the following physical qualification examination.
- The minimum height for a superintendent police post is 165 CM for males and 157 CM for females.
For the Maharashtra public service commission job, candidates have to clear each stage to get eligible for the next stage. If the candidates clear the prelims, then they can appear in the mains. The process will continue up to the final stage that is the interview of the Maharashtra public service commission job. The candidate should learn about the syllabus of the exam to prepare for it.
Before going into the syllabus, candidates can also learn about the exam pattern. The following is the information related to the syllabus of prelims and mains of the municipal public service commission.
The candidates can check the prelims syllabus of both papers with subsequent points. Like the UPSC, the exam will provide just the point names in the syllabus on the state level. Most of the questions will focus on the state of Maharashtra. The candidate should prepare for the examination with the correct strategy to clear the exam and get the government job. The topics include
- Current events of state and national and international importance
- History of India related to Maharashtra and Indian National movement
- Maharashtra, India, and world geography
- About Maharashtra, India polity and governance, this also includes the constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, urban governance, public policy rights, and issues.
- General issues on environmental ecology and that do not subject to any specialization.
Paper 2nd syllabus
- Interpersonal skills, including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Marathi and English language
- Marathi – essay writing, translation, and precise writing
- English- essay writing, translation, and precise writing
- Marathi and English grammar and comprehension
- General studies history and geography
- Indian constitution and Indian politics and law
MPSC Exam pattern
It is the first stage of the Maharashtra public service commission examination. The following are the points to consider for appearing in the examination
Prelims exam pattern
- The marks of both papers are considered for qualifying for the main exams.
- Negative marking for every incorrect answer
- Decision making questions in the paper has no negative marks
- Candidates need to score minimum marks decided by the commission to appear in the mains exam.
- All the questions are set in English or Marathi.
Mains exam pattern
- There is a negative marking in the objective answer papers
- The exam is of great importance for the candidates to score and qualify for the government post.
MPSC has an online application system profile for filling the form and validation of the candidates. The general fee for appearing in the exam is rupees 524 for the state service main exams.
How to register for the MPSC exam?
The candidates have to follow the following steps to register for Maharashtra public service commission examination.
- Open the official website of Maharashtra online in the browser.
- The candidates need to have an account to apply for MPSC recruitment exams.
- Login using a password. The home page of the site will display the steps for submission of the application with the latest notifications and advertisements.
- The candidate should create a profile with personal information, address information, physical details, qualification information, experience information, and upload a photo.
- From the list of the exam, choose the particular exam that you want to appear in.
- Fill the form and submit it.
- Pay the fee online
- For competitive exams, the candidate should select the MPSC exam centre to complete the online process of application.