Indian Coast Guard conducts the Indian Coast Guard General Duty (GD) recruitment review and the National Navy Branch examinations (DB). The Indian Coast Guard has requested 260 Indian Coast Guard (GD) positions with the latest communication. The exams get carried out offline, nationally. A written trial followed by a physical fitness (PFT) test and a medical examination involves several phases.The Indian Coast Guard Navik is a competitive national examination, and applicants from everywhere in the country can apply for their positions.
Eligibility requirements for Indian Coast Guard Navik
To compete in the Navik Indian Coast Guard Exam, candidates must clarify qualifying conditions.
- Qualification in education
A minimum of 50 percent is obtained by the applicants in 10+2 with mathematics and physics as mandatory courses from a recognized board.
Students in the SC/ST category and those who have excelled in sports competitions receive a 5% discount.
The Indian Coast Guard Navik test is only open to applicants between the ages of 18 and 22.
Candidates from the SC/ST and OBC categories would get given a 5-year and 3-year age relaxation, respectively.
Navik of the Indian Coast Guard has an age limit.
Applicants for the Indian Coast Guard Navik test must be between the ages of 18 and 22 and must have been born between August 1, 1998, and July 31, 2002. There will be certain exceptions for SC/ST or OBC candidates.
Applicants enrolling for the Indian Coast Guard Navik test must be between the ages of 18 and 22 and must have been born between August 1, 1998, and July 31, 2002. There will be certain exceptions for SC/ST or OBC candidates.
The Navik Application Process for the Indian Coast Guard
Candidates who wish to take the Indian Coast Guard Navik test must complete an online application form. The application procedure is as follows:
- Candidates can go to the Indian Coast Guard’s official website, joinindiancoastguard.gov.in, and select the option under “opportunities.”
- The applicants must choose the option for Navik Recruitment (10+2 Entry).
- You may then use Navik General Duty to choose the name of the post.
- Click on ‘I Agree,’ and the following page, then the ‘Online Application’ page, will be redirected.
- The candidates are obliged to complete the application form thoroughly with all the necessary data.
- Applicants must provide a scanned picture in the required format and a signature.
- Jpeg is a picture format.
- Sizes range from 10 kb to 30 kb.
- Image resolution: 200 dpi
- Candidates must submit their applications after filling out the application form.
- After completing the application form, candidates will get given a unique code or application code number.
Documents required for application
The following documents should be kept by the candidates throughout the submission form online:
- They must have the photo and signature they have scanned
- They should have their original mark and the relevant academic credentials
- If the petitioner has a caste certificate, he should keep it
- Aadhaar Card Proof of Identity
- Domicile certificate, etc.
Recruitment examination fees
An application form (except for applicants exempting them from a fee) must pay an online RS 250/- charge using net banking or Visa, Master / Maestro / Rupay Credit / Debit Card/ UPI. These apply to all the applicants except SC and ST. Only those applicants who have successfully paid an exam fee and are eligible for a waiver of examination cost will get a card of admission for examination.
Navik Admit Card of the Indian Coast Guard
To participate in the Indian Coast Guard Navik test, applicants must have their admit card with all other necessary papers.
How to obtain a copy of the Indian Coast Guard Navik admission card
- Candidates must go to the Indian Coast Guard’s official website.
- The pupils must then go to the page’s ‘Opportunity’ section and click on it.
- Click on the ‘E-admit card’ link for the course you want to enroll.
- After that, the candidates must input their Application Number or Registration Number.
- Then press the Get Details button.
- Following that, the website’s Admit Card page will appear.
- Candidates can then get the E-admit card by clicking on the download option.
The Navik test is selected for the Indian Coast Guard in 3 phases that the candidates must clear through.The written round is the first step of the Indian Coast Guard Navik Exam. The applicants will proceed to the second stage after that.
Exam structure for written exams
The Indian Coast Guard Exam Pattern for the first stage written test is as follows:
- MCQs will get asked in the written test, which will be objective-based.
- English, Mathematics, Physics, Basic Chemistry, Reasoning, Current Affairs, and Quantitative Aptitude are among the disciplines covered in the written test.
- The questions will get tailored to the higher secondary school level.
- Before the written test, candidates must submit the following documents for verification:
- Candidates must provide a completed admit card along with three recent photos.
- Candidates must provide picture identification such as a passport, driver’s license, Aadhar card/Voter I-Card, Pan Card, School/College ID-Card, or any other photo identity evidence.
- Two copies of the application form are required.
- 10- Color passport photos with a blue backdrop that are recent.
- The genuine tenth-grade mark sheet and certificate
- Candidates must present a valid government-issued caste certificate from their home state.
- The genuine 12th-grade mark sheet and certificate
- Proof of residence
- All of these documents are required.
- Candidates can sit for the physical test after passing the written exam.
- Candidates must meet all of the requirements to advance to the second round.
Exam Template for Physical Fitness Exams
- Candidates should wear comfortable clothing to the Physical Fitness Test, such as shoes, t-shirts, and pants, to minimize tiredness and to feel at ease.
- Candidates who pass the written test for Indian Coast Guard Navik will be eligible for a two-day Physical Fitness Test.
- According to the rules and regulations, candidates get not permitted to take the Physical Fitness Examination who is handicapped.
Medical Exam Template
That is the final level of the Indian Coast Guard Navik test, and it is entirely dependent on your medical exam.
- A minimum height of 157 cm is required.
- A well-proportioned chest is required, with a maximum enlargement of 5 cms.
- Proportionate to age + 10% would also be acceptable for the candidates.
- Candidates must be able to hear at a level.
- 6/6 (regular Eye) and 6/9 (numerical Eye) are two different types of eyes (The Candidates having power or using glasses will not be eligible)
- No permanent tattoos are permitted.
Navik Syllabus of the Indian Coast Guard
The first level of the Indian coast guard Navik is a written test with a range of disciplines; the syllabus for each subject gets listed below.
- Mathematics and Quantitative Aptitude
- General Knowledge
Navik Selection Process for Indian Coast Guard
Students must pass three levels of the Indian Coast Guard Navik test. The written round is the first step of the Indian Coast Guard Navik Exam. Then the applicants will proceed to the second stage of the round, which is the physical fitness examination and the medical examination.
Salary of a Navik in the Indian Coast Guard:
- A Navik in the Indian Coast Guard would get paid a basic salary of Rs 21700 (Pay Level-3) plus DA and additional allowances (depending on the duty/posting area).
- A Navik can get promoted to the post of Pradhan Adhikari, which pays Rs 47600 per month (Pay Level 8) plus Dearness Allowance.
- A Navik is entitled to free rations, clothes, medical care, government housing for himself and his family at a minimal cost, a canteen, and other credit facilities in addition to his basic wage and allowances.
- They can use ECHS medical services when they retire.
Rahul Kumar is a passionate educator, writer, and subject matter expert in the field of education and professional development. As an author on CoursesXpert, Rahul Kumar’s articles cover a wide range of topics, from various courses, educational and career guidance.